Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
reluctant sinner
20,778 Posts
My sis did 21 + days photo safaris. I ask her for a pic with the safety guys gun. He wasn't real sure but when she told him it was Model 70 in 458, he figured she knew enough to at least hold it for a pic.

The best part of her story was when her roomie didn't shut tent door properly, so when she came there was a mongoose in the room. She was reaching for something on the table and the mongoose bite her. Didn't break skin but she the dude was fast as lighting.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know if you need a helper on your next trip! All I want is the "Black Death", aka, Cape Buffalo.
I hunted for them and had two opportunities on mature shooter. I passed on the first. Literally a few hours into the hunt on the first day. I passed on the second because we were in a very rugged mountain base. I was using a 470 Nitro double and I didn't like the shot angle. Once the bull squared up on us I decided to back out and wait for a better chance. That chance never came.

On the last day of my hunt I had 42 Buffalo come into my hide. So close I could have speared them. Not one mature shooter in the bunch.

There is always next hunt. (3 years from now)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice hunt.The locals take the meat if you just want the trophies. I would just take the tenderloins from all the game only. It would cost a lot to ship back that meat.
You cannot import your meat from South Africa (USDA regulations). I believe you can from Namibia now. I am not sure what the requirements are for Namibia though.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@0002S Best and worst flavors?

I’ve only had Impala and thought it tasted like goat… but it may have actually been goat IDK
I like all game meat. All antelope taste the same to me. Back strap is good on just about anything. If you pound it out, chicken fry it and leave it on the rare side, even better.

I like lamb and they ate a lot of that. Giraffe is interesting in stew.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts