Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have yet discovered The Survival Podcast but it is a nice source of info on the go. I download them once a week and upload them to my MP3 Player, to listen while I am out and about.

I don't agree with everything Jack has to say but even so, there is a lot of good stuff in there.

This week, a particular podcast is very inspiring and I thought I'd share it with you. You can either download it to your computer and then upload form there to your MP3 Player or just listen on line, as you browse other stuff.

A Call to Arms, Time for a Revolution-Podcast

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I listened to the point where he made the comment that it was harder to become a vet than a MD. I cannot put any credence in the opinion of someone that says something that idiotic, so I quit listening.
A Dog,Cat ,Cow or any livestock can not tell you where it hurts.Also no nurses to lead the Vets. around! Think about it !!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
By the way ,I am a listener to the podcast and like all the others I do not agree all of the time ,but new ideas I like to ponder on.

·
Registered
503 Posts
You are so wrong

4 years of near round the clock residency in a hospital. You think about it.:rolleyes:

Vets are just wannabes that couldn't score high enough on the MCAT.
“It is harder to get into vet school than it is to get into human medical school.”

Surprise! This is NOT a myth. There are only 29 schools of veterinary medicine in North
America and there are 160+ schools for the study of human medicine. The lack of availability of seats for students who wish to study non-human medicine makes it very challenging to be admitted. Each year around 15,000 students apply for about 2500 – 2600 seats for entering DVM students.
Also you have to be in the top 5% of scores on both the GRE and the MCAT to be considered for admission.
You also have to do a two year internship while in school and then a another 2 years in your chosen specialty after graduation You are also required to pass both the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE) and your state boards. I would not say one is harder then the other they are just different.

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
“It is harder to get into vet school than it is to get into human medical school.”

Surprise! This is NOT a myth. There are only 29 schools of veterinary medicine in North
America and there are 160+ schools for the study of human medicine. The lack of availability of seats for students who wish to study non-human medicine makes it very challenging to be admitted. Each year around 15,000 students apply for about 2500 – 2600 seats for entering DVM students.
Also you have to be in the top 5% of scores on both the GRE and the MCAT to be considered for admission.
You also have to do a two year internship while in school and then a another 2 years in your chosen specialty after graduation You are also required to pass both the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE) and your state boards. I would not say one is harder then the other they are just different.
Absolutely correct.

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
I listened to the point where he made the comment that it was harder to become a vet than a MD. I cannot put any credence in the opinion of someone that says something that idiotic, so I quit listening.

sounds like somebody has a [email protected] for doctors.

a vet has to learn several anatomies not just one. a modern doctor is nothing but a drug dealer for big pharma.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts