Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post on somewhat of a regular basis. I am ashamed to say that this is only my second post despite being a member for a few weeks now :xeye:

I certainly get motivated reading all your posts and seeing the pictures people are kind enough to post.

I am however pleased to say that none of this has been waste on me. For the past week and a half I have been busy stocking up on canned items. It is quite amazing how many cans you can collect, especially when on sale - this is when I get mine.

I have built some ammunition supplies as well.

My struggle as probably all of you are all too aware is what to pick up now and what to leave for another day. Unfortunately my pockets are not deep.

As a few have said on here gaining the knowledge is free and that is what i try and concentrate on in the evenings after work, family obligations permitting.

Soon I hope to post pics of what I have collected to date - by no means is it alot but I am proud that thanks to people like you I have been motivated to make a start. Thank you all - please give yourself a pat on the back from me:thumb:

·
Bail me out
398 Posts
you're doing better than most keep it up with prepping and knowledge and you will do good.

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
Have you thouught about dehydraing veggies yet?

You can get these large 5.5 lbs bags at Costco for around $5.00. Just lay them flat on a cookie sheet, and put them in the oven set at the lowest setting for 18-24 hours.

You rehydrate them by soaking in water for 24 hours, or by making soups out of them.

You can make home made beef jerky this way too.

I did this years ago when I prepped for Y2K. I will be doing it again starting the next time i go to Costco.

I also buy the dried beans, Barley and split peas.

My daughter has named it "Dad's Survival soup". It's really good.

·
Dog bites - Owner shoots
485 Posts
How long can you store the dehydrated foods? with and or without mylar? THANKS!!!!! Never thought of drying out in the oven (slap head in my stupidity) LOL!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts