Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POSSESSIONS! How to acquire food, land, guns but the big problem is protecting them after acquisition. Also storage, concern about depletion.

You never own anything-it owns you!

The only way to be truly free is to own nothing and have no obligations.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I agree....or at least be willing to leave these possesion behind. I would like to have a few basics on my person. knife, shelter. It is a great feeling of freedom when you are free of possisions. Man I miss those few years! Hopefully they will be back!

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
POSSESSIONS! How to acquire food, land, guns but the big problem is protecting them after acquisition. Also storage, concern about depletion.

You never own anything-it owns you!

Wait, your other post talks about how most people will never be able to live off the land but in this one you are advocating doing away with all possessions thereby forcing a life off the land? :confused:

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
Wait, your other post talks about how most people will never be able to live off the land but in this one you are advocating doing away with all possessions thereby forcing a life off the land?
Hmmmm good point...........Communism anyone? ????

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not advocating anything, just stating what I consider to be a fact. I am getting old and my only goal in life is to be comfortable and enjoy myself which includes at least one shower a day.

My granddad was born in a log house in 1896 and died in 1985. He would sit in his recliner, watching TV with either his electric heat or air conditioning on and pat the arms of his recliner and say "This is the good old days"

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
My granddad was born in a log house in 1896 and died in 1985. He would sit in his recliner, watching TV with either his electric heat or air conditioning on and pat the arms of his recliner and say "This is the good old days"
Sounds like a smart man! Thanks for the thread because I do agree with you about possesions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts