Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
reluctant sinner
17,520 Posts
Wow for that price it should have a free condom for being screwed. Oh and it does water storage and muzzle protection too.

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
Actually, I have a concept of something similar only a bit more sophisticated.
Just because someone is thinking outside the box doesn't make it wrong or stupid, it's just different. A lot of people successfully used this method of filtration fighting fires it was better than nothing and it worked.
Now if you can disprove it's function prove it, then criticize.

·
Curmudgeon
1,745 Posts
Just because someone is thinking outside the box doesn't make it wrong or stupid, it's just different. A lot of people successfully used this method of filtration fighting fires it was better than nothing and it worked.
Pardon me, but weren't those "A lot of people successfully used this method" folks doing it out of necessity? Did they all have $50.00 bandanas with a piece of filter material sewn in? Or did they wet their handkerchiefs and tie them around their faces to survive? BIG DIFFERENCE:thumb:

·
Rustler of jimmies
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats like saying "prove that a bullet proof vest doesnt work".

Sorry im not going to put myself in harms way just to prove if it works or not.

Its just another gimmicky survival company trying to cash in on paranoia.

Stick with products that are proven to work...and you wont die in the long run.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
When mediocracy is your objective, sort of, or less, then "better than nothing" is your SOP.

"Prove it" - try a quantitative fit test (impossible) or do a "qualitative" fit test (a pretend fit test).

If you want wildland fire protection just get a Hotshield. Good quality from a reputable company. https://www.hotshield.com/
They have one filtering model - you place an N95 paper mask into the Nomex shield. So an N95.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Yeah with loss of supply from China expect costs on everything to go up.

However just curious why you wouldn't use a 1 micron filter? While it won't filter viruses it will help with bacteria.

Seems like it is better than nothing.

That said it would also filter against a bunch of dirt/sand, sawdust and other stuff that isn't very fine such as many cement particles - seems useful for many trades exposures.

Its not a one stop solution but seems like it would help.

Is it the price point or are you saying this product doesn't work?

Does it have a way of sealing to the face?

·
Rustler of jimmies
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah with loss of supply from China expect costs on everything to go up.

However just curious why you wouldn't use a 1 micron filter? While it won't filter viruses it will help with bacteria.

Seems like it is better than nothing.

That said it would also filter against a bunch of dirt/sand, sawdust and other stuff that isn't very fine such as many cement particles - seems useful for many trades exposures.

Its not a one stop solution but seems like it would help.

Is it the price point or are you saying this product doesn't work?

Does it have a way of sealing to the face?
Since its not NIOSH rated I cant say if it does or doesnt work but who really wants to test it IRL?

What else can you buy for 57$ that has "proven" protection?

Also there is a "disclaimer" at the bottom of the page...so you tell me if you would rely on this product?

Use at your own risk based on your training and experiences. Materials are not FDA/EPA/NIOSH approved

There is a video on youtube from the seller...but it doesnt show them drinking the "water" after they filter it...nor where the water came from in the first place.

Video

1 - 11 of 11 Posts