Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together my SHTF battery of firearms. I have owned several 9MM pistols in the past and liked them all, so I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Which would you choose? Beretta 92FS, Glock17, Glock19, Sig P226, SIG P228/229, M&P9, Ruger SSr9, Springfield XD or something else.

·
Registered
11,315 Posts
I would choose the Glock if I were to choose the 9mm which wont happen but if it did Glock

proven pistol....17,33 and 100 round mags......whats not to like

·
"First To Fight"
901 Posts
A lot of good pistols there, but for me, without doubt... Glock 17 or Glock 19.

Too many years of proven performance around the world, simple to operate and maintain, very popular so a greater chance of scrounging parts if it came to that.

·
Gone Galt
22,534 Posts
Some pistols are perfect with certain calibers.

For 9mm...

Glock 19 - if you also want it to serve as ccw

Glock 17 - if it does not need to conceal (it will, but 19 is easier)

G19 is maybe the best 9mm pistol out there - IMHO
(We have 2 going on 3 in the house, family loves them)

Now, for 9mm as a shtf caliber? - Oh yeah, considering you should have a long arm in your hands and the pistol as back-up.

·
24 Year Combat Veterat
524 Posts
1. Glock 19
2. M&P 9MM
3. Springfield XDM(c)

I have owned all 3 and prefer them in that order. I've used all 3 for as my CCW.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Glocks or Sigs all things being equal, but Sigs do rust a little easier than Glocks.

Jungle Work
Depends on the SIG. Heck their best bang for the buck SIG Pro 2022 has a slide milled from solid stainless steel and given a black nitron finish then it sits on a polymer frame. Of all my SIGs the only thing I have ever had rust was grip screws on my P230.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would select the Glock. Simple, cheap, reliable, accurate, light, cheap mags, easy to maintain. I do not think that any of the other choices given or not given has as many benefits. And im not really a glock guy.....

-Nate

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The fat grip on the Glock makes it difficult for me to grip it properly and reach the trigger. That said I still have a G19. I have the M&P9c and the Shield 9 with ATEi improved trigger work/sear and top/finger serrations.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Glock 19. Perfect combination of size, accuracy, reliability, durability, capacity, and cost. There are a lot of good pistols out there, but that's my choice.

·
Non ducor, duco.
350 Posts
I am putting together my SHTF battery of firearms. I have owned several 9MM pistols in the past and liked them all, so I'm having a hard time making up my mind. Which would you choose? Beretta 92FS, Glock17, Glock19, Sig P226, SIG P228/229, M&P9, Ruger SSr9, Springfield XD or something else.
Military could have PickEd whatever they wanted .. They picked 92fs for a reason !

I think glock sucks compared to 92fs and px4 storm ... But thats subjective and thus a mute point ...

I would suggest a px4 storm as well

·
*** Bless America
401 Posts
in that list Glock 17 or 19. 17 being optimal as full size with most ammo capacity, but the 19 is the same size as my duty 23 and very viable as well. It is 3 oz lighter if that matters.

·
Typical White Devil
783 Posts
Regardless of platform, keep in mind (1) availability and (2) cost of spare magazines.

A semi-auto pistol without a functioning magazine is nothing but a beautiful paperweight.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts