Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone nervous about tomorrow being 9/11?

I have to go out of town for work today. Plan on hightailing home asap, but probably not get back until mid-morning.

Haven't heard any "buzz" about threats, but wouldn't be surprised if someone tried something to "commemorate" the attacks.

Regardless, my thoughts will go out to all of those affected by 9/11. I'm going to spend the day honoring the victims memory by having a period of reflection, and doing things to make me more prepared and a better American.

Probably also write a couple letters to my elected officials about issues like homeland security and gun rights. Gonna make the best out of the day. Terrorists used it as a day to attack us. I'm going to use it as a day to help make our country better and myself better prepared.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
My husband was laid off the day after 9/11. That had more impact; I remember Oklahoma City, and that was a born-and-bred American ex-military person's contribution to the ill state of affairs we now find ourselves in.

·
Don't Tread on Me
381 Posts
Yea yea... I know.... I don't think anything will happen though. Not on the same date...

Lets hope I don't get proven wrong.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My husband was laid off the day after 9/11. That had more impact; I remember Oklahoma City, and that was a born-and-bred American ex-military person's contribution to the ill state of affairs we now find ourselves in.
I just want to know how he managed to plant the other bombs inside the building and why the ATF and FBI didn't show up for work that day. :confused:

Reactions: thx1138

·
AFDQ
1,026 Posts
I just wander why 'American''s are so willing to blame their own countrymen as opposed to blaming the barbarians that want to cut off their head... I don't get the logic (?). Or would that be I don't get the blind anti-Americanism.....

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
I haven't been able to recognize anything on the net or the news that would lend me to think that something might happen, but as a rule, I take off every 9-11 after I retired from the USN. If nothing more than a respect for our Country. I have taken a review of supplies and have added where necessary. Something that I have done for the last few years. Plus, working for a big box retail store for the last few years, if something was to happen, our infrastructure in consumer supply/resupply in America would quickly fall apart and it would get bad. Real bad, real fast. I talk directly with our truckers everyday. I see the product that we get everyday. I understand the sales and the supply chain and the time it takes to get the product back in the stores. Remember all the planes that the FAA grounded after that morning? If a truck is late, it will impact what is on the shelf's the next day. Now, think a day or two.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just wander why 'American''s are so willing to blame their own countrymen as opposed to blaming the barbarians that want to cut off their head... I don't get the logic (?). Or would that be I don't get the blind anti-Americanism.....

I don't understand some peoples blind loyalty to a government that doesnt give a flying f*** about them.
I don't understand how some people can actually think we have to fight them over there otherwise they will get on airplanes and rain down from the skies landing on our streets and start slitting the throats of our beautiful little boys and girls.
I don't understand how so many people can be so narrow minded and gullible.

·
Registered
259 Posts
First of all, being anti american is to not question the government. It's called democracy, the basis of the American Constitution.

I for one am VERY upset that 9/11 is a day that is tradgic. I as well as all AMERICANS should be CELEBRATING this unfortunate day instead of sheading so many tears with pain and agony.

Do you realize the time that these planes went off track?????

Americans should be ashamed that are AMAZING technology and AMAZING security did not catch those planes before they crashed into the trade center...we should have intercepted...those planes were in the air for a good 45 min OFF ROUTE before they crashed into the towers. Then a second plane???????? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME... We are so amazing, that we didn't even catch the 2nd plane.

It's sad that every day "we" live in fear, I'm 20 min from the city right now...planes, trains, any form of public transportation is very freightening today. That's why most NY'ers live an 2 hours away from their work and that's why I moved 1 1/2 hours away from the city.

This should have been a day of celebration.

But instead our "system" failed and not only did it fail, but it instilled fear, anxiety, concern, anger, sadness etc. etc. etc. into the people not only in NYC but everywhere because our SYSTEM failed us.

If we are so POWERFUL how did we let something so simple slip through our fingers???

Not once but twice!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Still gets me so angry just even thinking about it.

AND THEN TO BE CALLED AN ANTI AMERICAN ON TOP OF IT!!!!!

Those that do not do their research and only rely on channel 5 news are the type of people that would call a person who has well educated themselves about the subject through reading/watching many different versions of what occured that day AntiAmerican even though the situation is really in reverse.

I have spent more time researching this happening then I should have, because now the conclusion is I can't trust the government and it's policies and it's people to put into effect policies to protect the people of the United States of America. 9/11 SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPEND!!! And even though it did happen I wish it were a day that is given off to ALL Americans to celebrate our interception, to celebrate our government, to celebrate the commander and chiefs, to celebrate the airlines, to plain out CELEBRATE the "Power" that the United States of America has boasted to have...but instead I'm ridden with fear.

I am more AMERICAN then most would believe from reading my true feelings. But that's only because I LIVE AND BREATH HISTORY DAY IN AND DAY OUT. It gets so crazy that if a person knew a 1/4 of what I knew they would not only be on the survivalist forums but also living in a cave or underground. That's how scarry this present situation that we are in is.

And as far as our "Canidates" for re-election. Neither choice is good. There isn't even a situation to choose "the lesser evil"

We are really in for a downward spiral.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts