Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
That was John Lennon, in December 1980.

All of North's convictions were vacated.
MSP, Yes, I know but thr damage already done.

Individuals are expendable.

I have a photocopy of Fawn Hall's signature.

Ollie ran for a US Senate seat from Virginia - against our former Governor Chuck Robb.

I campaigned for Ollie but am a slow learner. He wasn't qualified.

The 3 broad criteria being looked at in campaign:

Notable service in Vietnam War. Both high up there.

Experience in governmental levels at high level. Both high up there.

Unfortuntely for LTC Ollie North, he failed the last. He was not married to LBJ daughter.

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,215 Posts
Music was pretty good, I liked a lot of pop stuff but I also liked southern rock. There were some pretty good bands out at the time.
I had no use for the pop bands, hair bands, freak shows, bubble gum, rake-across-a-chalkboard "rock" bands.

Country was what I was listening to.
Still am. Same bands. The new stuff sucks.

·
Storyteller
3,772 Posts
Spent the first part of the 80s in Alaska.

$3.50/min long distance phone calls.
HBO Over the air (microwave)
No big box stores...
Cable TV showed up in '83?

Otherwise, a nice frozen, dark wasteland to live in with a young family...

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
In the 80’s I switched to country, Alabama was closer to rock than most 80’s pop crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Most of it was just "hoky" and an expression of vale "in drag" look ( longer hair, spandex, makeup, prancing around to be "cutecy"). Lots of money to be thrown around for the sake of the "Arts".

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
SOME of the new country stuff sucks. I despised most country in the early ‘80’s. Liked a few of what I call the “western” folks. Hated the tears in my beer crap, but really liked Roy Clark and Glen Campbell. But a buddy hauled me along to a country music festival in Frankfurt in ‘87 or ‘88, IIRC, and David Allan Coe changed my mind. No pretense at all, he and his band looked like they had worn their boots out in the pasture that morning, and just come in and started playing. Amazing.

·
Indefatigable
21,817 Posts
Most of it was just "hoky" and an expression of vale "in drag" look ( longer hair, spandex, makeup, prancing around to be "cutecy"). Lots of money to be thrown around for the sake of the "Arts".
Spandex, or yoga pants as they are currently known, and big hairstyles (Farrah Fawcett) are back. As a girl of the 80's I can tell you women today wear 5 times the makeup we did. They LITERALLY put it on with spatulas and brushes today. Honestly, guys loved it in the 80s and I'm not seeing too many complaining about the newer versions today.

Reactions: hatchet jack

·
Retired curmudgeon
21,215 Posts
women today wear 5 times the makeup we did. They LITERALLY put it on with spatulas and brushes today. Honestly, guys loved it in the 80s and I'm not seeing too many complaining about the newer versions today.
I find it horrendous. Eyes and pneumatic lips. Here's an example:

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice ...

Who does this to themselves and who/what do they intend to attract?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I find it horrendous. Eyes and pneumatic lips. Here's an example:

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice ...

Who does this to themselves and who/what do they intend to attract?

That last one looks like me with anaphylaxis last month, plus maybe some starvation and a dye job.

I did not enjoy that. It's painful. You can feel your lips tearing. Not the skin but the connective tissue. It hurts.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I never looked at blocks of time like the 80s, 90s, 60s or 70s. I was just there. I had core bands for music like the Stones, Skynyrd, Bad Company and other what I referred to as Guitar bands and a good guitar song didn't have to be rock either. Time for me was measured in what I was doing for work or where I lived at the time and who my friends were. The music and to a small extent TV shows even though I never was a TV fan. Thats what marked time for me.

When this thread started I had to think hard about where I was and what I was doing at the time. Once I got the time line straight in my head I could put dates with it but what was going on in my life was measured by events more than calender's.

Reactions: NCalHippie
61 - 76 of 76 Posts