Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Plus one on the Art Bell Show. I still listen to C2C some but its just not as good as the Art Bell days. You can go to google and type in Tunein Radio and in the search box type in Ultimate Art Bell and click on the arrow and listen to all the old Art Bell shows. No ads and no bumper music 24/7.

I was born in 1957 so the late 60s and all of the 70s was my time. Married in 1977 but a total music junkie. When the Stones came out with Angie in 1974 thats when I really decided to learn to play guitar. Then I heard Lynyrd Skynyrds song Simple Man and that put me over the top on guitar bands. The 80s had great music and we played some of it. The real guitar songs anyway.

In the 80s I still had my 76 Chevy van. I wasn't ever a car buff. To me a car was something that got you from point to point. I still remember that as a good time. Didn't have much money but I had a wife I loved and in 1982 my first son. I really liked my time with him. The 30th of this month he will be 39 years old. It seems like just a few weeks ago he was born. In 92 I had me second son and final child.

The 90s were also good. I was making more money in my own business. I was able to buy more of the things I wanted. Had my first house and a good family life. I guess time is a bit of a gossamer thing to me. I don't pay much attention to dates. I'm just here and doing my thing.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I never looked at blocks of time like the 80s, 90s, 60s or 70s. I was just there. I had core bands for music like the Stones, Skynyrd, Bad Company and other what I referred to as Guitar bands and a good guitar song didn't have to be rock either. Time for me was measured in what I was doing for work or where I lived at the time and who my friends were. The music and to a small extent TV shows even though I never was a TV fan. Thats what marked time for me.

When this thread started I had to think hard about where I was and what I was doing at the time. Once I got the time line straight in my head I could put dates with it but what was going on in my life was measured by events more than calender's.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts