Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All-

This is the last chance to get our 550 and/or 750 paracord at 2012 pricing. 2012 prices range from $5 for 50' of 550 cord to $55 for 500' of 750.

5col Survival Supply offers only paracord manufactured to true military specification (MIL-C-5040H and PIA-C-5040). All core strands are 3-ply. Our 550 cord has EIGHT core strands, and our 750 cord has ELEVEN.

Don't miss out on your chance to grab a great product at a great price.
http://www.5col.net/Paracord/b/5700483011?ie=UTF8&title=Paracord

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me how much larger in diameter the 750 cord is?
Sure. Our 550 cord is 5/32". Our 750 cord is 3/16". I think the factory uses the same sleeve for both 550 and 750. The 750 is a little stiffer than 550.

If you're used to commercial grade paracord, I think you'll be surprised at the difference between that and military spec 550 and 750. It's like a totally different product.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We still have cord available at $55/500' of 750 paracord, and $50/500' of 550 cord. Won't last too much longer at these prices.

Thanks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Lylac-

The shopping cart on our website (www.5col.net) is powered by Amazon, but none of our product is for sale on Amazon.com at the moment. We also have an ebay store, but it's much more expensive to sell there, so we have better prices on our main site. But if you prefer ebay to Amazon, you're welcome to head over there as well: http://stores.ebay.com/5col-Survival-Supply

Why do you ask?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still going on this. We've had a strong response, and are now totally out of Black 750 cord. OD and Coyote are going fast, but still in stock. Stop by soon!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
If anyone is wondering, these are great guys to deal with.
you *MAY* find a better price on 750 cord, I cound not.

The quick shipping and no tear package they sent my cord in
made sure I got was they sent.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If anyone is wondering, these are great guys to deal with.
you *MAY* find a better price on 750 cord, I cound not.

The quick shipping and no tear package they sent my cord in
made sure I got was they sent.

Thanks guys!
Thanks a bunch for buying from 5col Survival Supply. Your business means a lot to us.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
prices went up slightly it looks like. gonna order some 750 paracord soon..
Some of our prices did go up, but the 500' hank of 550 cord actually dropped in price.

We just got 21,000' of 550 and 750 cord in this afternoon. Get it while it's hot!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for asking. 7 core strands is the minimum allowed by the MIL-C-5040h/PIA-C-5040 specifications. For whatever reason, the factory we buy from makes this cord with 8 strands instead of 7. They supply parachutes to the US Military, and I buy the same cord the government buys. And the government doesn't complain about the extra strand.

5col Survival Supply can show a factory Certificate of Conformance for all cord sold. We only sell cord that conforms to the MIL-C-5040h and PIA-C-5040 specifications. It is safe for use with actual parachutes.

I encourage you to check it out. If you don't love it, send it back. We offer a 60 day, no questions asked return policy.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We're now shipping 500' lengths on spools instead of as hanks. This should make your life a lot more tangle-free.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts