Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
You looking at me!
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=22819117

Very sad, this 7 year old autistic boy who didnt speak wandered off into the bush after his dog and got lost.
The rescue services found him 2 nights later still aive but he died off exposure in hospital.
This young man was only wearing jeans, and a couple off torso layers but no winter coat and he lasted 2 nights! they think he was in dense brush and the dog possibly gave him some warmth.
I find it amazing they found him in the first place and that he lasted 2 nights.
RIP

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
This was very close to home for me. The Search and Rescue Group DH and I are part of was called out to this search Saturday night/Sunday morning; we couldn't go because I was in hospital having the new pacemaker I had received 2 weeks earlier, adjusted. Some other members of our group were there when he was located and air-lifted to the hospital in Halifax.

The dog he followed was not a service dog, btw.

·
Darting from the shadows
5,760 Posts
Thats a real shame.
Will be real hard on his folks that he made it out, but didn't really make it. :(

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
this is my worst fear. My son is almost 4, autistic & also non-verbal.
he'll be eligible for a MIRA (seeing-eye dog) when he's older. I hope that will help.
my friends blind with a dog.. man once its off duty its the sneakyest dog ever.. it steals food off the tables and stuff like that... friend puts a sandwitch down turns around and is like were did that sandwith go.. the dogs eating off in a corner when its working its does everything perfectly..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts