Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scientific experts from around the world are genuinely predicting that five years from now, all life on Earth could well finish. Some are saying it'll be humans that set it off. Others believe that a natural phenomenon will be the cause. And the religious folks are saying it'll be God himself who presses the stop button...

1. Mayan Calendar

The first mob to predict 2012 as the end of the world were the Mayans, a bloodthirsty race that were good at two things:

Building highly accurate astrological equipment out of stone and
Sacrificing Virgins.

Thousands of years ago they managed to calculate the length of the lunar moon as 329.53020 days, only 34 seconds out. The Mayan calendar predicts that the Earth will end on December 21, 2012. Given that they were pretty close to the mark with the lunar cycle, it's likely they've got the end of the world right as well.

2. Sun Storms

Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012

3. The Atom Smasher

Scientists in Europe have been building the world's largest particle accelerator. Basically its a 27km tunnel designed to smash atoms together to find out what makes the Universe tick. However, the mega-gadget has caused serious concern, with some scientists suggesting that it's properly even a bad idea to turn it on in the first place. They're predicting all manner of deadly results, including mini black holes. So when this machine is fired up for its first serious experiment in 2012, the world could be crushed into a super-dense blob the size of a basketball.

4. The Bible says...

If having scientists warning us about the end of the world isn't bad enough,religious folks are getting in on the act aswell. Interpretations of the Christian Bible reveal that the date for Armageddon, the final battle between Good an Evil, has been set down for 2012. The I Ching, also known as the Chinese book of Changes, says the same thing, as do various sections of the Hindu teachings.

5. Super Volcano

Yellowstone National Park in the United States is famous for its thermal springs and Old Faithful geyser. The reason for this is simple - it's sitting on top of the world's biggest volcano, and geological experts are beginning to get nervous sweats. The Yellowstone volcano has a pattern of erupting every 650,000 years or so, and we're many years overdue for an explosion that will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the sun and plunging the Earth into a frozen winter that could last up to 15,000 years. The pressure under the Yellowstone is building steadily, and geologists have set 2012 as a likely date for the big bang.

6. The Physicists

This one's case of bog-simple maths mathematics. Physicists at Berekely Uni have been crunching the numbers. and they've determined that the Earth is well overdue for a major catastrophic event. Even worse, they're claiming their calculations prove, that we're all going to die, very soon - while also saying their prediction comes with a certainty of 99 percent- and 2012 just happens to be the best guess as to when it occurs.

7. Slip-Slop-Slap-BANG!

We all know the Earth is surrounded by a magnetic field that sheilds us from most of the sun's radiation. What you might not know is that the magnetic poles we call north and south have a nasty habit of swapping places every 750,000 years or so - and right now we're about 30,000 years overdue. Scientists have noted that the poles are drifting apart roughly 20-30kms each year, much faster than ever before, which points to a pole-shift being right around the corner. While the pole shift is underway, the magnetic field is disrupted and will eventually disappear, sometimes for up to 100 years. The result is enough UV outdoors to crisp your skin in seconds, killing everything it touches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not quite.

1)The Mayan calender says nothing about the end of the world, only the end of an age, and they likely only stopped there because they where getting sick of makeing a non-repeating calender. In addition, since when does knowing astronomy make you a scientificly respectable fortune teller? I was right about when the ecilps would be, should I play the lottery?

2) I don't know much about this, but I'm not too worried, odds are if we know about the cycle, that is because we have observed it before, and the human race is still going.

3) Once again I don't know much about the subject matter, however you said the worlds biggest atom smasher, how big are the others, are they comprable? What make this one the one that crosses the line?

4) I am going to ask for an explanation on this one, what have the people interpreted? It is not like there are any special dates isted for referance, at least none that I know of.

5) I was just in Geography class yesterday, the consensous is that yellowstone could go off in the next 1,500 years, it should have gone off in the 60s if you follow the pattern, but the pressure was in some way negated. Patterns like these always bother people, because we like to think of things like rubber bands, we like to think that if one rubber band stretched to ten inchs before snapping that the next will be the same, but eruptions don't have a magic number to follow, and the likely hood of an eruption changes based on alot of veribles, many of which we have never seen because they happen too low under ground. Some volcano experts even go as far as to say you can never know for shure when one will go off until you see smoke coming out.

6) Hold on, so these guys are saying that because it has been a while since something nasty has gone down that it will go down in 2012? What does that have to do with physics and math, is it possible that one of the above factors influenced this, I am going to have to hear what kind of numbers they where crunching before I can buy this, not that I have some increadible skill for math, but at least I can know that 2 apples plus 3 sheep does not make 1 dog. Also it kinda falls back into the rubber band thing I said before.

7) The shift is real, but the "crisping" is a bit off, none the less you just said that the pole where moving at record speed, so why would they suddently stop in the middle of the pattern and leave us high and dry for a century?

Did you collect thses sources yourself, or where they provided by a thind party? If a third party, I would like to see the source, frankly this seems to me more like people looking for reasons for 2012 to be the end, and are finding them, in a simular way to how I could look for reasons why the year 2000 was the end and find them.

Sorry if I sound overly critical, I just have a hard time buying stuff?

·
Banned
653 Posts
1. maybe the Mayans didn't see a reason to go past 2012.
2. Actually we're at a solar minimum, sun goes on 12 year cycles, next max sould actually be around 2014.
3. Particles hit the earth's atmosphere every day with more enegry than this atom smasher can produce, the accelerator is built so that they can directly observe these reactions. No mini black holes have eaten the earth in the past 4 billion + years...
4. What does the Koran say, the Talmud or any other religious book say? How do you know the Bible is correct?
5. Some volcanos become and stay dormant, there is no proof that Yellowstone will ever erupt again.
6. The Physicists, just b/c they are doesn't make them correct nobody is infallible. Especially physicists from Berkley, a university that doesn't even give proper grades....
7. Magnetic field? Actually as the poles rotate, the magnetic field rotates with it so no, it won't disappear.

Loosen that tin foil hat, its incapacitating your cognitive functions.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Quick go hide in a cave...wait give me all your money first Ill call ya 2013.
That is the salient point... not one of these folks making money off 2012 are behaving as if the world will end. They are saving money for their retirement, sending kids to college, buying houses... 2012 is a pathetic farce.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Oh s h i t im going to go hide in my bomb shelter intill 2013.

No wait im gonna continue living my live as normal. And if it happends it happends nothing you can do about it. But you could die from a heartattack or a stroke worring about intill 2012 lol

·
Registered
300 Posts
The only thing that I have I found in my studies of ancient cultural references, that worries me, is the story about something called "The Destroyer". Also called the DoomsHead, Planet "X", and Nibiru.
It is recorded in ancient Egytian, Sumerian, Phoenician, Babylonian, Celtic and Mayan histories.
There are examples of it; carved in stones, scribed onto clay tablets, painted on cave walls, and rock art. It is described in the book of Exodus, in the bible as well.

The Destroyer is a burning planet, or failed star (brown star ) that is in an eliptical orbit of our sun, that makes it's way supposedly through our grouping of planets every 3,500 years or so. It is due to make it's pass again our way between 1995-2015. The general concensus being 2012! There is a new telescope that was built in the Antartic, that is supposedly tracking this thing. It is reported ( and debunked of course ) that there are images of it coming. It is supposedly coming at us, from the bottom of the Earth, upwards. Thus, a little difficult to see it in the night time skies. Unless you live in Antarticia.

Early histories tell of it's approach as there being TWO SUNS in the sky...

I recently purchased the "Masters Edition" of the Kolbrin Bible, and in it, under the ancient Egyptian Histories, there is a very frightening description of what took place on earth for 9 days as this rougue body passed over Earth...

If this event is true, and I suspect it is, and it is a reoccuring historical catastrophe as it written in these ancient cultures histories, then we who are now living may very well see this god awful thing return. It will not be pretty! It will make nuclear warfare look like a Sunday picnic!

The Egyptian texts, describe how everything on the planet is lost. Nearly nothing survives. Everything is burned up, covered in deadly grey ash, and polluted. It takes many years before man is again able to grow crops, or raise livestocks.

There isn't a damned thing we can do about it, if it is true, and is really coming this way.
No amount of prepping or hiding in bunkers will make a bit of difference...

The Mayan texts refere this time as the return of Quetzalcoatl...again using the same time frame.

All too many modern times inhabitants, think that our early ancestors were full of crap! Way to many folks, who were not there, are quick to write off, and call historical references to celestial events of ancient times, myths, or pipe smoked dreams. I have spent the last 20 years studying and writting about Archaeological evidences. I am an avid follower of this academic field. And if there is one thing I know from years of reading, writting, and attending seminars, it is this: These people were not crazy!

Keep this in mind when you decide to spout off and make remarks based on your lack of knowledge!
I have posted before, I do not expect to survive TEOTWAWKI!

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
2. Sun Storms

Solar experts from around the world monitoring the sun have made a startling discovery: our sun is in a bit of strife. The energy output of the sun is, like most things in nature, cyclic, and it's supposed to be in the middle of a period of relative stability. However, recent solar storms have been bombarding the Earth with so much radiation energy, it's been knocking out power grids and destroying satellites. This activity is predicted to get worse, and calculations suggest it'll reach its deadly peak sometime in 2012
Actually the sun is quieting down. Many scientist are suggesting a significant cooling trend is in our future.

Google Solar Cylce 24, global cooling, etc...

·
Registered
300 Posts
This is really simple.......Fear sells
YUP, and it is the ones who refuse to learn, or accept that there are things (that the ancients knew about ) that just might end their current paradigm, will be the first ones to crap their pants and scream bloody murder!

Fear sells to those who refuse to learn...

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
YUP, and it is the ones who refuse to learn, or accept that there are things (that the ancients knew about ) that just might end their current paradigm, will be the first ones to crap their pants and scream bloody murder!

Fear sells to those who refuse to learn...
The problem is .... Lets say they are right, There isnt a thing any of us can do about it. What kind of preps are there for a black hole, super volcano, the coming of the anti-crist

·
Registered
300 Posts
The problem is .... Lets say they are right, There isnt a thing any of us can do about it. What kind of preps are there for a black hole, super volcano, the coming of the anti-crist
Exactly my point...there are certain things,whether we fully understand it, or know of it before hand, that there is no point arguing about it. If it comes, it comes...

Sometimes things really are up to fate alone! 2012 is one of them...

like they say; "we will see what we will see, and not a moment before hand!"

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
That is the salient point... not one of these folks making money off 2012 are behaving as if the world will end. They are saving money for their retirement, sending kids to college, buying houses... 2012 is a pathetic farce.
... What else would they do? Go start a commune and play poker all day? I mean really... If they really believe that the entire species will be extinct- what are the options? They still have to get from now till then- regardless of what else happens and most people crave normalcy. They're also probably aware that they could be wrong and what then? If they're right- doesn't really matter cuz everyone will be dead. If they're wrong- if they went off on a spree then they're screwed.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts