Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
That is a massive quake. No way can the loss of life not be staggering.

Prayers going out to all involved in this event.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I'm 52 years old. No way no how was the world like this 40 years ago... 30 years ago... 20 years ago... or even 10 years ago. I've seen more major TSHTF scenarios in the last few years than in the 45 years preceeding them.

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
thats a pretty big one

·
Do U Want To Live Forever
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 52 years old. No way no how was the world like this 40 years ago... 30 years ago... 20 years ago... or even 10 years ago. I've seen more major TSHTF scenarios in the last few years than in the 45 years preceeding them.
Your right and it seems like everything is gaining in frequency......

Question
Do you feel you would be ready if something like this happened in your area today?????????????????

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,565 Posts
Luckily it was far enough offshore from New Zealand that damage there should be minimal or nonexistant. That one had the potential to be devastating though. Sure been a lot of activity lately.

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
if we had a 7.8 where i am there would be no more "where i am". florida is a big ass sand bar that would settle into the sea if it had a 7.8 quake. i'm from california origionally and i was in the middle of both the last two major quakes california had in the last 40 years. on a personal level, i'd be fine, i just knwo that the people around me wouldnt know what to do with themselves if a quake hit. no major fault lines here to worry about luckly

·
7,504 Posts
Even if parts of NZ weren't still rebuilding, I'd worry that small or unfelt trembles might add to previously cracked foundations or weakened water and gas pipelines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts