Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the PSA KS-47 Gen 2. It's an AR ish that uses some AR 15/10 parts and AK Mags. They seem to get good reviews but are relatively new to the market so I'm not certain about longevity. The occasional one pops up on the market for decent prices closer to AR levels than current AK prices.

·
that's like, your opinion
17,821 Posts
all of my mag fed 7.62x39 rifles use AK mags... i think the standard AR mag well is too deep/straight which is why CMMG and others opted for an AR like system which accepts AK mags.

personally I went with a SIG 556R (now discontinued) when i wanted a x39 for accuracy. takes AK mags as a full length upper rail and a piston... best of all the worlds

·
American fearmaker
14,240 Posts

·
Threepin'
4,007 Posts
You’ll tend to have reliability issues with s*** tier parts. Aero and Davidson are junk. Flame on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've had several AK's and I have friends who have also have AK's & SKS's that all function reliably with 7.62x39 from day 1.
This^

After decades of shooting the AR including 15 years in the army carrying one the AK platform has won me over. The modern aftermarket support makes them ergonomic and they are plenty accurate despite what people who don't own them say. Plus right now I'm out buying all the 7.62x39 I want for $0.35 a round shipped which is up from where it was but how's that 5.56 treating you?

What I REALLY like is my AK-74, then you don't even have to have the caliber debate because the 5.45 is such a sweet round and very comparable to the 5.56. The 5.45 is also cheap and plentiful right now.

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
7,188 Posts
Did the trigger slap problem ever get addressed in the imported AKs? I traded mine of as fast as I could after the first trip to the range where my trigger finger became so numb I could not feel the trigger, a problem I have never experienced with an AR.

·
Registered
34,329 Posts
Did the trigger slap problem ever get addressed in the imported AKs? I traded mine of as fast as I could after the first trip to the range where my trigger finger became so numb I could not feel the trigger, a problem I have never experienced with an AR.
Over 15 years ago.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the PSA KS-47 Gen 2. It's an AR ish that uses some AR 15/10 parts and AK Mags. They seem to get good reviews but are relatively new to the market so I'm not certain about longevity. The occasional one pops up on the market for decent prices closer to AR levels than current AK prices.
I put a larue mbt2s trigger in mine. It ignited everything from golden tiger to herters to monarch. The only thing it didn't ignite was Chinese steel core. It just couldn't ignite those primers.

So I ordered a red x firing pin and installed my spikes tactical t2 buffer and it ignites the steel core hard primed Chinese as well now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've got over 1,000 rounds in mine and have no bolt breakage or other problems. Only issues I sometimes have is some mags dont lock in as well as others and they will fall out while firing.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
MAK-90's never had the trigger slap issue. I bought 4 in the 90's and eventually sold 3 of them off to friends who kept bugging me to let them buy them. The 1 I kept has been upgraded with U.S. parts to be 922r compliant. It's always been a sweet rifle.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts