Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Enjoying Life
620 Posts
What is the pupose of the round? Hunting, self defense or both. Do you just have one weapon or several that would use the round, are they bolt, single shot, or semi's . Lots to consider.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
at the very least 1k per rifle

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have around 3000 rounds for my Two AKs and RPK.

Another 2000 is still on backorder. Been waiting 2 months and still havn't gotten it yet. Damn the panic buyers haha

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
you forgot 7.62x25 tokarev

·
25 Or 6 to 4
8,006 Posts
1000 rounds of any .30 caliber.

If one has offspring I should think 2000-3000 in deep storage would be minimums, providing they would be heirloom rifles for a couple generations, and self restraint in training and use was taught as a priority.

·
Registered
288 Posts
never consider getting under a full case of any ammo.

why?

1.) because if you dont think you need it all you're probably wrong
2.) half a case bought in boxes is usually the same price as a full case
3.) ammo WILL BE THE MOST USED CURRENCY
4.) the price will never EVER go down, it will always be more expensive and most likely soon not even be available.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Get your rifles squared away first. Get what you think you and your family will need. Then, over time, devote your weekly/monthly/yearly "gun money" to accumulating mags and ammunition. There is no maximum, and the minimum is impossible to determine.

I don't think investing heavily in mags and ammo will ever wind up being a losing proposition. Perhaps I'm throwing my money away, but I just don't see the market in firearms and accessories ever tanking.

·
PreparationInBubbaNation
2,503 Posts
How many rounds? It ain't enough

at the very least 1k per rifle

You did not state if it was a 7.62x38 Russian (7.62 Combloc) or if it was a 7.62 NATO (.308 Win.) or whether it was gas operated or a bolt gun?

For a 7.62 Combloc (AyKay or EsseQue Es?) yuo could afford to store 1000 which would be a correct min as described by the award wining previous post, and might be practically affordable (about $350) :thumb:

For good .308 Win. 7.62 it is a buck or more a round for quality ammo, although you could buy a 200 pack of milsurp and learn to reload with the Lee Aniversary reloader package, if you don't mind dealing with crimped primer pockets.

Beware of Berdan primed milsurp ammo. :xeye:

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
You did not state if it was a 7.62x38 Russian (7.62 Combloc) or if it was a 7.62 NATO (.308 Win.) or whether it was gas operated or a bolt gun?

Beware of Berdan primed milsurp ammo. :xeye:
Curious...what's the deal on this here Berdan Primed Ammo for which you speak?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts