Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyson Slaughters 15,000 Hens after Avian Flu Outbreak in Arkansas
June 4, 2008
Tyson Foods Inc. of Springdale, Ark., the world's largest meat producer, is slaughtering and burying a flock of 15,000 breeder hens after they were found to be exposed to a low pathogenic strain of avian influenza. Preliminary tests on the flock indicated the presence of the avian influenza antibodies but found no indications of birds with the avian influenza virus. The flock involved has shown no signs of illness and the situation does not possess risk or harm to human health, Tyson said in a news release Tuesday.

http://www.ohsonline.com/articles/63751

·
Shooter
429 Posts
Tyson Slaughters 15,000 Hens after Avian Flu Outbreak in Arkansas
June 4, 2008
http://www.ohsonline.com/articles/63751

HOLY FRICKIN WASTE OF MEAT!!!!! :eek::eek:

15 THOUSAND??!!?!?? :eek::eek:

It's good to know they are being buried though......so now their rotting, decomposing, infected carcasses can leach the good 'ol stuff into our drinking water down there.......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
Quote: Tyson offers facts about the different types of "bird flu" or avian influenza and notes that the disease cannot be transmitted via cooked chicken.

IF that is true ....... Why did they kill and bury the birds.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote: Tyson offers facts about the different types of "bird flu" or avian influenza and notes that the disease cannot be transmitted via cooked chicken.

IF that is true ....... Why did they kill and bury the birds.
Presumably whoever told them to kill their birds will also tell them to change their fact sheet.

Or perhaps they'll just issue a press release that blames the burial on the fact that they couldn't find a kitchen big enough to cook all 15,000 to make them healthy again!?
:)

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
They kill and bury the birds because it is policy. And- if *anything* happened to *anyone* after eating meat from infected birds (even food poisoning that was due to their own handling) Tyson could be sued and if it were then found that the bird was sick- well... It would be an ugly legal mess- even if it were totally unrelated.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
anyone else think someone's trying to drive up the cost of the lowest cost meat you can buy?

·
Registered
76 Posts
If they don't have the virus but posses the anti-bodies...doesn't that mean they have developed a resistance to the flu?

I would think they just found the cure to the flu and just slaughtered it.

I'm not in the medical field so what I say doesn't hold much weight.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If they don't have the virus but posses the anti-bodies...doesn't that mean they have developed a resistance to the flu?

I would think they just found the cure to the flu and just slaughtered it.

I'm not in the medical field so what I say doesn't hold much weight.
Gee, that's a bombshell. Didn't see that one coming.

What a brilliant thought ... Why don't we hear news reporters asking questions like that to the decision-makers?

I vote E-brake for the 'thought of the week' award.
:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts