Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I am a small veteran owned business who started about 2 years ago. I was an active duty Army medic for 8 years and last October I transferred into the California National Guard. Once I did that I started pouring a lot more into my small business so that I could help support my family. Here is what I offer:

I sell the Top U.S Made 550 Parachute Cord. This is the real deal Paracord. I carry over 35 colors and we are expanding every week. We sell them In 25 ft, 50 ft, and 100 ft hanks. I also sell many of those colors in 1000 ft spools.

Although Paracord is our top specialty we do still sell other survival items.

My website is : www.docsparacord.com or www.docsmilitarygear.com

While you are at www.docsparacord.com check out my photo gallery and sign my guestbook. It would help me out. Also check me out on Facebook @ Docs Military Gear

Parachute cord has been our top priority since I started this business. And although I am a very small business my cord does come straight from the manufacturer (Not from a distributor). This way I know that every piece of cord I sell is top quality. This also helps me to carry a more consistent color. I do my best to make sure you are satisfied and you will see that my prices are very competitive!

I guarantee that you will be satisfied with the quality of this Paracord
I look forward to your next order.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Prices start at $7.50 per 100'. This is by far one of the best prices you can find!!!! If you order in the next few days I will give you a free P-38 and P-51 can opener. Any order will get this free!!!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a picture of the many Colors of Paracord that we carry. There are hundreds of uses for this cord. And you can guarantee that this is Top Quality U.S Made!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can i see a photo of the inner strands?

If it is the commercial 2 ply and not the 3 then i am not interested.

if however its 3 with the 1 off color strand of true military spec (which i have never ever seen in most of these colors) I would be very interested.
No, it is not the Military. The only reason the Military cord has the off colored strand is to prove that it has been "inspected" and "approved" for military use. When I spoke to the manufacturer he said that the cord goes through the same testing they are made with the exact same materials. He also stated that the extra strand color does not add to the strength of the cord (it is just an extra identifier, which is the same kind off thing the military does with most equipment it buys. Doing that allows them to identify their stuff. The manufacturer who makes this cord for the military actually has several inspectors it has on staff who only work in their military department. This is what causes the price of the cord to me much higher. And they DO NOT offer the military stuff in this variety of colors.

But I have used the cord I sell for many years and I have relied on it over seas when it mattered and it worked perfectly. I totally stand by this cord.

It is weather resistant (just like the military)

It is 100% nylon (Just like the military)

it has the same tensile strength of 550 pounds (just like the military)

and it comes from the same manufacturer.

I can PM you the name of them but my contract does not allow my business to post it publically because they supply to the military.

Read more at http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=310998#1M6J0iAH4Z2dhlt8.99

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I missed it, but is your para cord 2 or 3 ply? Thanks

The Term "3 ply" or "2 ply" is not really relevant to the cord.

The reason there is a "3 ply" is that the third is to identify that this was cleared for military use. The so called "2 ply" does not go through that specific military department within the company to have that stamp for military use. You can ask any of the 3 military manufacturers what the difference between Military 550 Cord and the Type III and they will tell you that they both carry a tensile strength of 550 pounds and as long as it is U.S Made then they will both be made of 100% Nylon. The difference is that the Military Cord has the 3rd ply to identify it as Military. Sometimes the third ply is blue, sometimes red, and sometimes orange. But both the military 550 cord ant the Type III is made with the same machine to the same standard. After saying that hopefully it clears up why the Military 550 cord even has the "3 ply within the 7 strands of inner core.

This is actually the "BIG KEY" for it to be genuine 550 LB Parchute cord it MUST have "7 INNER STRANDS" . Those 7 INNER STRANDS are the trademark of 550 pounds.

The Cord I am selling does not have the 3rd colored Indetifying strand. But it is made by the TOP U.S Military Manufacturer which you can guarantee its quality & strength.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found very few pararord worthy of the name, most that is on the civilian market are absolutely garbage useful for little more than making cheap bracelets. I have found few that i deem superior.

I am interested in your product however if its the same junk say rothco puts out then please let me know. A photo would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Most retailers such as Rothco, first buy their cord from a Distributor and then they put their brand stamp (this is called re-branding) on it.

I buy directly from the manufacturer. I have been dealing with them from my years of military service so I have made a good relationship with them that they allow me to buy from them on the civilian side, but this is rare. Most retailers cannot do this.

Ok. Once again, what you are asking for is the MIL-C-5040. This is manufactured specifically for the U.S Military. None of the U.S Military is allowed to buy cord that we (yes I am in the U.S Army) are not contracted to.

No, I am not selling that cord. I have uploaded a picture for you to see what I am selling. But I am staying away from saying things of other American Made 550 Cord such as "garbage" or "cheap". The picture you uploaded from Wikipedia is the MIL-C-5040 that is much more expensive and likely even double the cost just because it is specifically made "for the military". Yes it can be found in the civilian market, but why pay double for the extra strand that proves nothing except to say that it is MIL-C-5040. If that is what you prefer then that is awesome. But to say the other stuff that is made in the USA is garbage or cheap is truly unfair. If you want the best cord just make sure it is:

1 - Made in the USA by any of these 3 Military Manufacturers
a) Gladding Braided Products
b) E.L Woods
c) Cancord, Inc

There are other companies who hold contracts for the U.S Military but these 3 are the front-runners. As long as the cord is from 1 of these 3 then you can guarantee the quality. But retailers that buy from any of these 3 companies are not allowed to disclose where they get it because of the military contract. And yes my cord is bought straight from one of these. Not from a distributor.

I hope this does not seem rude or anything. You should be happy with what you are using. After all you are the one who will be relying on it. I am sorry if I don't have what you are looking for. But I do know that you can definitely trust what I am carrying. In fact I have trusted it many times Both here in the U.S.A and over seas.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Bump.................................

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My McAfee virus protection lights up when I try to go to your site. What's up with that?
I have no idea! I just checked my site and everything is running fine. I called my website host & designer and no problems or viruses at all.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Go to my facebook page and click like and I will give you and every 25 ft of every paracord order you make. Leave a comment of the Survivalistboards post on my facebook page and then after you purchase just send me a message that you liked my facebook page and I will send you an extra 25 ft of paracord!

My facebook : Docs Military & Survival Gear

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I got some from you last week, looks good and price was good :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts