Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazy Canadian Bushman
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.countycomm.com/550cord.htm
just awesome

550 cord has tons of uses and should be included in everyone's outdoor kit or just around the house. Uses include: camping, crabbing, indoor and outdoor clotheslines, halyard lines. garden lines, venetian blinds, awning lines and other things that require great strength, durability, quick drying, rot and mildew resistance. 550 Para Cord consists of seven separate nylon strands inside a sheath to provide strength. The individual strands can be removed for other uses and the sheath can be used by it's self for lanyards of all types.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hmm, i ordered a 500' spool of paracord from CTD for $18. Then you can cut 100' hanks or custom sizes. Of course, CTD is already well known for shooting supplies.
IIRC that price is for a lighter cordage than 550 cord, but I'll have to check. Make sure that your paracord has 7 inner strands because they are useful if separated. Not all paracord is equal.

·
SURVIVOR
1,089 Posts
i was at the dollar store the other day and saw this jumprope for a $1 and thought about buying it for cordage. i have a good supply, but just thought if someone just needed a quick find for some for a weekend or something it would be really cheap and work well. i didn't buy it cuz it was a lil too cheaply for me! just an idea though! i kinda laughed at myself after takin the picture, i've been keeping my eye out for just about everything lately. i wasn't gonna just post it just to post it, but this looks like a good thread to post it on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.