Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And one more reason why women should breastfeed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/default.stm
Nearly 53,000 children in China are now known to have been made ill by contaminated milk powder, officials say.
At least 22 other companies have since become involved in the scandal, and milk products made by the Yili, Mengniu and other groups have been recalled from supermarket shelves in China and many other countries.
Meanwhile authorities in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, Vietnam and elsewhere have been testing Chinese-made dairy products or pulling them from the shelves altogether.
When women use formula and other artificial foods, the health of the child can suffer. Is it really worth it?

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Let me put my tinfoil hat on for a moment. Has anyone noticed a differance in guys today compared to 25 years ago? Guys are more soft (for lack of a better word) they're too worried about their looks and wellbeing than getting out and doing what guys use to do. They run to the doctor if they have a stomache, if they go outside and sweat they have to hurry to take a shower, they run from hard work or taking a stand. This started occurring about the same time baby formula became popular. How do we know that it wasn't some Goverment trick to put down the "man's man" types? Maybe it effects the "gonads" of guys of today, the new term is "metro-sexual". Forgive me this rant, it's a old therory of mine about breastfeeding vs. baby formula. :)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just to add to the tinfoli hat theory. Constant inflation over the last century has made, for many families, two household incomea a must. Since women are working outside the home, breastfeeding becomes difficult if not impossible. "They" force women into the workforce, but give them formula to replace breastfeeding, so it's all okay. Between public education and diet, including formula, kids are now more docile. If not downright gay.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Let me put my tinfoil hat on for a moment. Has anyone noticed a differance in guys today compared to 25 years ago? Guys are more soft (for lack of a better word) they're too worried about their looks and wellbeing than getting out and doing what guys use to do. They run to the doctor if they have a stomache, if they go outside and sweat they have to hurry to take a shower, they run from hard work or taking a stand. This started occurring about the same time baby formula became popular. How do we know that it wasn't some Goverment trick to put down the "man's man" types? Maybe it effects the "gonads" of guys of today, the new term is "metro-sexual". Forgive me this rant, it's a old therory of mine about breastfeeding vs. baby formula. :)
One word: SOY

Google it.

·
*** Forgives, I don't
1,369 Posts
Just to add to the tinfoli hat theory. Constant inflation over the last century has made, for many families, two household incomea a must. Since women are working outside the home, breastfeeding becomes difficult if not impossible. "They" force women into the workforce, but give them formula to replace breastfeeding, so it's all okay. Between public education and diet, including formula, kids are now more docile. If not downright gay.
Chris, good post. I am starting to think I misjudged you. Keep up the good work.

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One word: SOY

Google it.
Soy returned 30,400,000 results.

Breast returned 10,100,000 results

Something is wrong with that picture.

=================================

soy milk returned 3,020,000 results

breast milk returned 7,060,000 results

Thats more like it.

=================================

Maybe if more kids were given breast milk instead of soy milk, a search for "breast" would return more results. :thumb:

In other words, when a soy bean gets more results then the greatest thing on earth, something is wrong.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Two of my three kids were breast fed. The oldest was not. She is the best survivor. Who knows what it means. I think breast feeding is best for the child for a number of reasons. Immunities and nurturing are the two that come to mind. On the other hand as a dad I had to get up many a night and bottle feed the kids too.

You can have an impact on your kids up to thirteen and then you are done. After that it is friends and the world they have to contend with because you no longer have any sense. I am all for breat feeding them if a mom can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am guessing times have changed since I had kids. My oldest is 27 and I think if she is out in the woods, the animals are going to end up on the bad end of that deal. She is mean but very self sufficient. It would be beauty and the beast. I know she will survive. She was the one I HAD no choice to bottle feed, because I had to work. I am old school, but you have to do what you can to feed your family. My other two were breast fed. They will be over here so fast if anything happens. LOL. since 9-11 they said if anything happens, there coming here. I don't really know if it matter breast feeding or bottle feeding, but of course, now days, I am worried about everything they put in our foods. I know that they say breast milk is better for your baby, it has more protection for them, but mine kids are strong and beautiful children either way and of course, I am partial, but what mom is not. Really, I think China is poisoning us, with many things. Lead in toys, stuff like that...but that is my own opinion and you know what they say about opinions....."everyone has a opinion and if you don't have one, someone will give you one, and you might not like it". :D:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Kev-

And to be specific (I should have been in my first post) Google "dangers of soy". That will give you an idea of why rridgeoutlaw is seeing fewer manly-med around these days.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
China is the country where they execute you and then send your family a bill, for the bullet which was used.

I would not wish to be the perpetrators of this mess which was instigated by rank selfishness and greed.

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
You are touching upon an very deep and rather horrible subject here, a tale of human stupidity, hubris and greed. It isn't, I feel, a concerted effort made by the government to 'soften' men.

Rather, it is a result of use and misuse of chemicals in the environment and in medical practice.

Do a "Google search" on "endocrine disruptors" sometime and you will learn much, possibly to your horror.

It is a sordid and sobering tale, indeed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts