Survivalist Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 9782 Posts

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello SB members, this might be a mega post to get started, sorry in advance.:upsidedown:

So, who is interested in taking part in SB's first Online RPG? That is, Online Roleplaying game? Titled 5 Will Survive, this should be a very entertaining and educational experience for all of us. It should provide food for thought, and an interesting form of survival training.

Open to only five SB members for now, you'll participate in a survivalist, post apocalyptic role playing game, where you'll have to employ all your knowledge and social skills to survive to the end.

Be warned, however, that the experience will be challenging, taxing your RPG persona to the limits. There's a high probability that a few wrong decisions will see your online persona meet a ghastly end. There'll be constant moral and ethical choices to take on, which your group must confront and discuss. Anything can happen in this RPG, and using the rules and tables set that I've created it leaves the adventure completely open to morphing into it's own dramatic story.

The rules tables and game modifiers I've created were started years ago when I was in the army and colleagues and I were role playing scenarios for a Warsaw/NATO conflict. It accounts for nearly everything; firefights; food/hunger/thirst; fatigue; emotional stability; random encounters... Down to minute detail. Let's take a GSW, for example. Tables and die rolls account for everything from hit location to wound channel, to bullet fragments and through-and-through, even to party members needing to identify venal or arterial spray. SB members; are YOU prepared to handle one of your party members with a sucking chest wound?

Though this RPG will be exciting and intriguing, gamemaster bias on my part is reduced to a minimum and decisions and actions made by you players will be calculated using the game tables and heavily researched before any outcome is provided. If one of the party even get's so ****ed off with everybody he decides to set out on his own I'll be able to handle this, even though there'll be double narrative going on.

The game will be made more interesting by me posting appropriate pics trawled from the internet and I will apply my humble abilities to make the adventure as interesting as possible.
To be continued...

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Continued...

The Rules.

So, how it will process is, after the intro (which in itself should be quite fun/interesting) as the party of 5 SB members journeys through the apocalypse to their goal, I'll be 'game mastering' the events. After I describe the surroundings and events (hopefully in dramatic detail) each SB member playing will be allowed to post their reaction and responses. There is no upper limit of back-and-forth posts you can all make to discuss the gameplay choices, but there is a minimum: Each party member will have to give at least one reply to the current topic before we can proceed. If any player is not participating in game play or for some reason hasn't been posting and we can't reach her/him, I'll be forced to kill them off in the game world, or the other party members can choose what to do with him.

Needless to say, this will require some commitment from those playing. I'll be able to check the boards at least once a day to update the games progress, and each member should try to check at least once a day and participate to keep the game moving.

Warning, I work goofy odd hours, but this may be a good thing, as I can devote time to the story's narrative while all of you are sleeping.

Further rules and the game's framework will be established when we start, but some outlines is I'll need your gender, age, a brief physical description, and survival/social outlook is anyone interested?

This should be very fun and educational. Essentially you'll be living your own survivalist novel that's written as we go, depending on your choices and a very well thought out rule set. The game would be all the more interesting if the SB members playing were diverse characters, say some of our liberals mixed with some conservatives; some homesteaders vs some mall ninjas, etc...
Players' only requirement is to contribute their posts to the adventure. I'll do all the work with the research, story and internal game mechanics.

Limited to five players.
Please post to this thread if you're interested.

Mel, Mike, mods, if this game is in any way a pain for you please let me know.
-Junglecrawler.
This should work out to be very fun and educational.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got to sign off to build some furniture, but will check thread tonight and bump it for all to get a chance to read and participate.

1 - 20 of 9782 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.