Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Capability, not scenarios
11,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This piece, from "Don't Tread on Me", describes the reasons American riots will be the worst. Those five reasons, Arrogance, Denial, Narcissism, Drugs and Violence, are related to a collapse in the dollar.

Of particular interest, I thought, was what happens when all the people who are on drugs of various types, both legal and illegal, no longer can obtain tehm.

I thought it was an interesting read, potentially quite prophetic:

http://dont-tread-on.me/5-reasons-why-american-riots-will-be-the-worst-in-the-world/

Reactions: MyPrepperLife

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
Link no work.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
One reason why they won't. Our LEO's use guns.
A wise man once told me "now boy remember. They didn't stop making guns when you got yours".

When the populace revolts, any true "LEO" will be an oath keeper and wont stop them from burning Government buildings.

I know I wouldn't.

Just for a second, instead of picturing people wanting to loot, steal and rape. Instead imagine the desperate, the poor, the hopeless. Those that have taken to the streets BECAUSE our Government has given them no choice.

Yes the Media will try and Sway opinion, but if you are of sound mind, then you are above influence.

THEY BROUGHT THIS UPON THEMSELVES.

·
Anarchist/Animist Primate
5,771 Posts
Seriously though, I can't read the article because the link isn't working, but one reason I can see things getting bad fast is that we've been fed the American Dream™ for so long, we feel "entitled" to it, and when entitlement is denied, people get very, very angry.

The United States will shatter, with states like Texas and Vermont closing their borders first, followed by a distancing from the central government. We may even see military skirmishes along state lines.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
The reason it will is many of the rioters will be armed too. It could get real ugly real fast...
I have many many police friends. The ones I know wouldn't open fire on the public unless first fired upon.

They would instead use tear gas, and croud control measures as trained.

If the majority takes to the streets, then we can't stop them. It's just that simple....

I know I just ****ed a bunch of anti gun liberals off, but it's not our job to protect you from reality. When the SHTF, your ideology will be checked at the door along with your ass.

Be able to defend yourself, or be ready to become a victim.

·
5,771 Posts
I have many many police friends. The ones I know wouldn't open fire on the public unless first fired upon.
Unfortunately, in a massive conflict, no one will know who fires the first shot. Someone will get a bit too much adrenaline and BANG. Then it'll be a blood bath, no matter how much those involved don't want it to happen.

By the way, I love the quote: "Now boy remember. They didn't stop making guns when you got yours."

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Seriously though, I can't read the article because the link isn't working, but one reason I can see things getting bad fast is that we've been fed the American Dream™ for so long, we feel "entitled" to it, and when entitlement is denied, people get very, very angry.

The United States will shatter, with states like Texas and Vermont closing their borders first, followed by a distancing from the central government. We may even see military skirmishes along state lines.

Damn right. As well they should.

I know I set myself with those that should die, but some people are to stupid to live.

They brought this on themselves.

I'm sick of the entitlements. I'm sick of the "not my fault" dumb ass mindset. I'm sick of people working to become leaders, who have zero ability to lead.

You guys want to know why the world is ****?

Free Trade act like nearly all of the worst bills, was Bipartisan.

·
Registered
105 Posts
...and here's why the US won't have to worry about the police for longer than a few hours.

(edit: I don't want a visit from the Po-Po. Deleted.)

Seriously - yall think "We The People" will be proper citizens and only target 2 branches of government and only from 9am til 5pm (Mon - Fri)?

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
We don't need a one world Government, Currency, or police force.

WE NEED INDEPENDENCE AND SOVEREIGNTY!

America needs to stop playing world leader.

·
5,771 Posts

I know I set myself with those that should die, but some people are to stupid to live.

I'm sick of the entitlements. I'm sick of the "not my fault" dumb ass mindset. I'm sick of people working to become leaders, who have zero ability to lead.

Hallelujah brother.

·
Registered
61 Posts

those guys are small fries compared to the bankers....

·
1 Thessalonians 4:11
437 Posts

They would instead use tear gas, and croud control measures as trained.

If the majority takes to the streets, then we can't stop them. It's just that simple....

I know I just ****ed a bunch of anti gun liberals off, but it's not our job to protect you from reality. When the SHTF, your ideology will be checked at the door along with your ass.

Be able to defend yourself, or be ready to become a victim.
Crutch, I couldn't agree more with that last sentence.

I was on a camping trip w/ a bunch of my old friends from college this past weekend. We are all in our mid-30's, married w/ kids, and most of them live in urban/suburban areas.
I was discussing firearms and home defense with one friend who recently bought a new XD for severl reasons - including home defense. Another friend overhead our conversation and chimed in with, "I don't own a gun, and won't ever need a gun, I've got a big dog to protect the house - that's all I need."
This friend is not anti-gun, but I didn't want to start any kind of argument so I just played it off. I really wish I would have had that last sentence of yours as a rebuttal.
I truly hope and pray that he'll never need more than his big dog to protect his family. Maybe his little slice of suburbia will never be affected by riots or looters? Who knows? All I do know I do know is that I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that my family and I never wind up as the victim.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
those guys are small fries compared to the bankers....
What is worse, the Rapist or the Judge that allows a lawyer to let him get off?

**** em both. It's not the complacency, it's not the ability, it's the money. It's the tolerance and indifference.

Neither needs to be spared, but if it takes their deaths to wake up the world, then it's a small price to pay.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
Crutch, I couldn't agree more with that last sentence.

I was on a camping trip w/ a bunch of my old friends from college this past weekend. We are all in our mid-30's, married w/ kids, and most of them live in urban/suburban areas.
I was discussing firearms and home defense with one friend who recently bought a new XD for severl reasons - including home defense. Another friend overhead our conversation and chimed in with, "I don't own a gun, and won't ever need a gun, I've got a big dog to protect the house - that's all I need."
This friend is not anti-gun, but I didn't want to start any kind of argument so I just played it off. I really wish I would have had that last sentence of yours as a rebuttal.
I truly hope and pray that he'll never need more than his big dog to protect his family. Maybe his little slice of suburbia will never be affected by riots or looters? Who knows? All I do know I do know is that I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure that my family and I never wind up as the victim.
You can't pray or wish someone to do the right thing. It's not fair to a dog to expect him to attack, kill, or even die for you when you wont do the same for him.

I would never want my dog to die for me. I would never expect my dog to rationalize a situation and expect him to know when he should attack or when he shouldn't.

Get a bloody gun.

Dogs are like Children. 4 year old children to be exact, according to tests on the smartest of dogs ability to understand specific commands. If he expects a 4 year old to defend him, then he is an *******.

Get a gun. Dogs are pets/family, not an excuse for victimization.

If I were you my friend, I would stress that to him. Sometimes doing the right thing means hurting someones feelings.

·
Do you smell that?
4,591 Posts
I dont need a gun either. Most of us dont need a gun. But the day may come when we will need one. And it is for that one day, that I have a gun. If it is never used but one time in my entire life for its intended purpose, then I need a gun.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts