Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had dinner with a couple members of my developing MAG tonight and the subject came up.

Sure, fuel is stored, but using that for react would be perfered.

(I have 11-12k of solar,my intent was to get a hybrid SUV in years to come.)

For more routine transport something like an electronic golf cart (I could dedicate a couple solar panels to the roof, so less risk of running it dry)

Might there be something (does not need to be street legal) that could do about 20 miles for a few thousand dollars, or do I just need to put good tires on a regular one?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I badboy buggies have electric 4x4 golf carts. My work owns quite a few. Not sure how long they can travel or how much they cost but they are very quiet even with offroad tires. I'm sure you can figure out there distance with the motor size and AH of batteries. They buzz around with 4 full grown men all the time.

·
Banned
34,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allow me to clarify:

I know they exist, I'm looking for first hand accounts to see if they are worth a damn.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My SIL lived on a farm in Mo.,about 640 acres.They probably had 1 million in trucks,tractors,etc....but that little ez-go 2wd cart got used daily..kinda sucked in snow.Did great 10 months out of the year.Wide,soft.low pressure turf tires,low center of gravity,good payload.
Not sure what they paid,it was used...maybe 2,000$...but it was worth every penny for them.
Thats my only personal experince.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Sometimes we had to make all the fat guys get out three quarters of the way up an incline. Not much for a heavy load has been my experience(s). Two guys and some fishing gear, no problem.

·
Live Secret, Live Happy
15,814 Posts
I would rather strip the electric motor and the current controlers out of the golf cart and put them in a Honda Rancher.

·
Registered
21,392 Posts
Allow me to clarify:

I know they exist, I'm looking for first hand accounts to see if they are worth a damn.
At some point i will get a look at the three wheeled electric trikes that are going to be used to deliver post in my area. When I do I can let you know how those get on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts