Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,610 Posts
Trump Demands Ginsburg and Sotomayor Recuse Themselves from White House Cases

and the impeachers are on the spot to come up with a rational reply. good luck with that.
Trump is calculating that Ginsburg is going to croak sooner, rather than later. To date, she has been the most faithful of the "liberal" justices, on occasion opining in favor of the letter and spirit of the law, as viewed through the lens of the character of the nation, when her less honest leftist colleagues have not (Bush v. Gore?). He may have just alienated her into a greater number of faithless opinions. I trust that his PR advantage outweighs that loss.

·
Weed 'em and reap
30,610 Posts
I think he's just replying in kind. There is sort of an unspoken rule in politics that because the Supreme Court is supposed to maintain an air of impartiality and nonpartisanship, politicians are meant to treat their more controversial decisions/opinions with kid gloves. But when Ginsburg and Sotomayor violate the strictures of that decorum, Trump is the only Republican to pay it back in full measure.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Asking the leftist Justices to recuse themselves is just another way of "colluding with Russia." Well ... that's what the MSM would say. The fact of the matter is that Trump has a really good point. Would any of us want to stand in front of a judge who despises you and everything you stand for? Justices are as human as the rest of us and prone to allowing their emotions dictate their actions. The lefties need to do the right thing and recuse themselves. (Of course ... they won't but they should)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts