Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in the market for a .45 acp. iwant it as cheap as possible. im gonna sell my shotgun and save some money for a remmy 700 sps .308 rifle. then im gonna try to get a pistol. i want it as cheap as possible. plz give recamendations on what ive just said.

·
Semper Gumby
158 Posts
You will get a lot of answers based on personal choice. I recommen going to a indoor range that rents guns and try out a couple.
For me a 1911 will do, only because thats what I used to work on and have a few myself. If I had the money right now I would go with a Glock. You could have a round in the chamber and use its double action. With the 1911 you will have to be cocked or carried that way.
Rich

·
ole punk from podunk
158 Posts
first, how much are ya lookin to spend. as beckyandrich said you may look at a glock. i haven't owned one so i don't know anything about em. right now taurus has some nice looking 1911s out, for a lil less $ than the other big name makers. have you considered barrel length as in full size or commander length. full size normally has a 5 inch barrel while the commander has a 4 inch barrel. are you looking to cc the weapon? if so you may look at the commander length. although it is possible to conceal the full size model.also you may wanna check out rock island they have a nice selection in the 1911 platform also an normally dint sale as high as the others. when an if you get the 1911 an are sorta hesitant about carryin condition 1, what i did was put an empty mag in the weapon rack the slide put the safety on an holster the weapon. i found myself checkin to see if the safety had been swept off ever 10 minutes or so. but after you check so many times an the safety is still on you become more an more comfortable carryin con1. an now i dont have any problems with con 1 when the gun is loaded. if you do check an the safety has been swept off you still have 3 more safety's on the gun as in, keep finger off the trigger, do not depress the palm safety an last the safety is between your ears. an the safety between your ears is gonna tell ya, just reach down an reset the safety thanks...pk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont care what the price is.i have a 20 ga. shotgun and im gonna get a remmy 700 sps 30-06 and the 30-06 is all black and synthetic stock. well i know your asking well how could you afford another pistol? well my dad already has a .357 magnum for home defense and im gonna try to persuade him to sell it and get a .45 acp. i dont live with my dad, i visit them offten thats all. im in college.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
twisted you almost beat me to it LOL. this is my next buy if i can ever get the cash up to buy it. it is killing me its on sale and i cant get it ARRRGH; what i like about the 1911 its kinda like the AK 47 of pistols it will work when you need it to,no matter how much hell its been through :thumb: and you dont have to hit some1 in the eye at 50yrs with a pistol i guarantee if you aim at the eye and hit them in the nose they WILL go down from being hit from a 1911. with a 45 you hit them pretty much any where ,most ppl arent going to stay and fight anymore they are going to RUN AWAY!!!

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/AC-RI1911-HICAP.aspx

·
I'll fix it
2,548 Posts
I plan to get a Glock 21SF with the Glock rail (no cheese grater) and night sights. .45acp Perfection :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts