Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I'll chime in and ditto on the .357 and versatility. I got a .357 as a Bday gift today and just got back from the range an hour ago. I'm now very comfortable with the 1911 and pretty decent using it. .357 is a BEAST !!! Alot different than the 1911's and 9mm that I'm used to.

Point is, I'll be going to buy some 38 special ammo tomorrow for a lighter load that I can control better until I get comfortable with the S&W .357 or begin doing my own handloads . If I had a 38 I wouldn't have that versatility. For the extra few bucks save up for a little longer and get the .357. Also, 38 sp ammo is cheaper than .357 which will allow you to put more lead down range which should improve skill level.

Bottom line is .357 has the best one shot stopping power of all handguns. I witnessed the raw power this evening, it's awesome to say the least.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Youngprepper

I'm very impressed by your command and use of syntax and vocabulary for a 13 year old ! Your knowledge of weapons is quite impressive for someone of your age as well.

Just curious, you mentioned in your opening post that you are considering using this weapon for personal defense or maybe as a gun for the glovebox. I take it that you are driving an automobile ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.