Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I stole it too. I know the person who sold it to me and he had owned it for some time. What are they worth?

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
The Marlins and Winchesters are worth more, especially if you can get one with a 16 inch barrel. The Rossi's should go for $350+, possibly more if it is the shorter 16 barrel. The wood stock on yours looks great. As far as I can see it's a keeper.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've got a model 94 in 357 and I love it! Great little gun. Do Rossi's get the "Marlin Jamn" also? I've got just a touch of one in mine, still need to fix it, haven't found the time yet.

Reactions: Highlander

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This one has the 16" barrel. It seems finicky on ejection. I have to hold it upright and near level to empty it. Is that the "Marlin Jam?"

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
The Marlin jam is a affixation that affects only Marlin 1894 actions, where a little channel is worn in to the carrier over time as lever is locked home. What happens is it lets in two rounds in to the carrier causing a jam. It's fixable, but marlin should be the one fixing it in production not afterword.

The Rossi 1892 are not effected by this. The only downside to the 1892 is it's complicated takedown and reassembly for cleaning. Other than that it's a great levergun.

Rifleman 336

·
Banned
8,012 Posts
i have a rossi 92 in .357/.38. i love it, i pretty sure it is my favorite gun i own. .357 outta alonger barrell is mean. try shooting a gallon milk jug filled with water. it blows right the hell up!!!!!!!!!!! light weight, short, handy, fun nothing to dislike!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Good buy.buy lots of ammo and shoot the crap out of it

Reactions: Highlander

·
Registered
148 Posts
My .357 rifle is a Marlin 1894C. It has a Williams Foolproof rear sight with a post front sight. But it did cost a little more than $100. Sounds like you got a terrific deal.

·
glock snob
346 Posts
just looked a a rossi 357 with 16 barrel around here they cost 500$ my dad has one and it is the best shooting gun ever that thing is very accurite i love the darn thing cant wait till i can get one , unless you want to sell it ill even give you a extra hundy for your time !!! yote killa !!!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the offers everyone. I am flattered. But I think I will keep this one. There is just something about it that feels right. Don't know what it is. I just feel connected to it. Weird, huh?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts