Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Ruger 77 '06 with the receiver scope mounts, a 3X9 leupold mounted, good shooter after some tweaking have MOA with good ammo.
I bought a .32acp conversion that I set up the irons for, quite a tack driver with cast slugs, jacketed not quite as good. hardly any report not as much as .22lr. definitely enough for small game and close shots on whitetail.
easy to pull the scope off and replace w/out any variance.
I'd highly recommend it. Jerry Young seems to think it's a good idea also actually that's why I got it to try.:)

·
Old Soldier
5,072 Posts
:thumb:I have a scoped Rossi single shot 30-06 and was thinking about getting a 32 ACP adapter or two from Ace Dube (MC ACE) for varmint control in my back yard ( rural area). Damned cats from the city folk down the road have already killed all the quail that used to be in the back pasture.
I already have a scoped Savage 22 magnum and a scoped NEF Handi Rifle in 22 Hornet, but any excuse to expand my capabilities is good!:D:

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
I use the .32 ACP adapter in my .303 British rifles. They work well and would allow you to take small game with a full sized rifle.:thumb:

Al

·
Old Soldier
5,072 Posts
oh it will definitely handle the cat problem.:thumb:
When they moved in a few years ago, the woman used to leave bowls of food out on her back steps for the damn cats. One morning a little before sunrise as I was headed out to work I noticed two coyotes on her back steps having breakfast.:)
I never said a word to her. Her ignorance is my bliss.:D:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well stick a .32 slug in the boiler room. well away from any area you don't a pass-thru hitting of course but handload to med data shouldn't do that

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have used and collected these adapters for many years now. I have them in everything from shotguns, 45-70, and various calibers. I have never been very satisfied with either their accuracy or the point of aim abilities when gun is scope mounted. The best most of mine will do is minute of rabbit accuracy at 20 yards with quite abit of guessing as to aiming point when sighted with high power loads. Glad some have had good sucsess with these.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have not taken any small game with my adapter yet - but have shot off standing rest groups at 75' of 1" with iron sights shooting handload cast slugs. won't hesitate to take squacks and such with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts