Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you need special sling mounts to use 3 point slings, or will regular sling mounts work?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Three Point Slings:
It depends on the sling, there are different slings with adapters, ways to connect them to the rifle, etc. Some don't come with them and you'd need a way to get a point to mount on the side of the barrel. There are as many ways to attach the front point as there is to attach a 3 point sling to the stock of the weapon. The answer is yes or no, depending on what you bought, and what weapon you've got. What weapon are you talking about first off?

One Point Slings:
I've had a tooth almost knocked out after a mishap occurred while I had a one point sling. Never say never, things happen. It's great for it's intended purpose of having something to keep the weapon on you, for a short shoot 'em up bang bang kinda deal, but absolutely positively sucks when you're walking a good distance.

FWIW, look in to adjustable two pointers. I still use a VTAC type. Three pointers always got hung up on crap I had to keep on my plate carrier. With an adjustable two pointer I can bring it in close or create some slack in one motion. :thumb:

·
Stop YOLOing
3,354 Posts
I tried a one-point sling for a while...it was great for standing around, but more trouble than it was worth to keep the rifle from bouncing around if I did anything other than walk. Bending over meant I had to control the rifle with one hand. You can turn most normal slings into a 1-pt sling pretty easily if you want to give it a try.

I didn't like the big gucci 3-pt slings I tried either. Some attached to the normal sling mounts, which just means extra webbing to get in the way.

Then I saw a rail-mounted sling mount. Just google "rail sling mount" and you'll get several options. This means you can put the sling mount anywhere on the rail and use a "normal" two-pt sling and it'll act like a 3-pt sling. That's what I'm using now and I think I like it best. It's on my M4 on the back end of the side rail. Makes the rifle hang across my torso so it's out of the way, doesn't flip over upside down, and it's easy to grab when I need it.

And mine cost $20 shipped instead of the $50-60 3-pt slings I tried.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
One Point Slings:
I've had a tooth almost knocked out after a mishap occurred while I had a one point sling. Never say never, things happen. It's great for it's intended purpose of having something to keep the weapon on you, for a short shoot 'em up bang bang kinda deal, but absolutely positively sucks when you're walking a good distance.
Yup, which is why i like the one I posted cause when not is use it wraps around the back and snaps in place as to not get in the way. Can be worn in a two point configuration.

·
Garbage Collector
11,363 Posts
Still use a 2 point, I've tried 1 and 3 pt slings and just never found anything that I liked.

There are a ton of options out there so expirement until you get a system that works for you.

·
Banned
348 Posts
socaldsal hit it. A good two point is a much better option than pretty much all 3 point slings. And the Vtac is super nice. The only 3 point sling I can think of that isn't "mall ninja" equipment is the "ching sling" by the wilderness. But that's an entirely diffrent animal. Don't buy into the "tacti-cool" thing. 1 ponts and 3 points tend to make the rifle difficult to run with, and having your rifle hanging inbetween your legs sucks if your short like me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts