Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-riots-three-men-killed-protecting-homes.html

This is why we are blessed here in the United States with the 2nd Amendment, and why it is so important that we continue to fight to maintain our Constitutional Rights.

This is also why it is important to exercise our rights, own firearms and know how to use them .... and friends, have plenty of ammo.

These people were killed doing the job that so many assume Law Enforcement will do. We are seeing a perfect illustration of why Law Enforcement will not protect you in times like these.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
What a shame, and so preventable too in all probability.

Your right we still have the ability to half half heartedly defend ourselves without our hands being tied behind our backs thanks in no small part to the second amendment. Dont know how much longer will will have that right... With the riots I am wondering if the Brits are a little more regretful letting their government take that right from them so easily. I know many were resentful but so many more werent all that concerned.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
isnt it possible that citizens defending their households could have been killed even if they did have firearms?

not sure what this incident proves...

·
Registered
14,867 Posts
These people were killed doing the job that so many assume Law Enforcement will do.
Don't compare U.S. LE to British LE. Two different philosophies.

We are seeing a perfect illustration of why Law Enforcement will not protect you in times like these.
It's not a "will not" it's more a can not. I would certainly defend someone if I could be there and was not tied up in something else.

·
Geronimo!
4,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mattbatson ... do your own homework from now on, but this time I'll do it for you.

The three boys killed were kids trying to defend their street from rioters. They were muslim, but they were fighting the bad guys .... which in this case were gangs of black rioters.

Secondly, just as an update, the English Defense League, an all white group in England, has now declared it is calling it's members in to fight back against the rioters.

Now, I'll type it again just to make sure I'm not misunderstood.

What we are seeing in England is exactly what we will eventually see here.

Something will be the spark, in this case it was a black drug dealer being shot and killed by the Coppers.

The riots will expand and become an issue about "underprivileged, jobless, etc," in the eyes of the liberal media which will only further fuel the fire.

People will begin to congregate according to race, creed, ethnic backgrounds and religious and political beliefs. It is happening right now in England where the Muslims are blaming the blacks, the blacks are blaming the Muslims, the whites are getting tired of all of it and .....

... if it slips into clashes between all of the various groups with racial, ethnic, religious lines being drawn, it will turn massively ugly in a hurry.

BTW, the three Muslim kids were intentionally run-over and killed by a black man.

B.J.J. Grappler, no need to be so defensive. LEOs will not be able to get there to protect you - we're seeing it happening over there right now. Everything else is just semantics. Our LEOs may want to get there, but they will not be able to do it - that's the bottom line. "Will not," "cannot," same thing. No one typed anything about, "didn't want to."

BTW, comparing what is happening right now between British LEOs and what may happen with U.S. LEOs is exactly what needs to be done. Two different philosophies you claim? Then please explain to all of us Watts '69? NYC riots in '64 and the later brown-out riots in the same city? Explain the Rodney King riots.

There is no difference. When LEOs are overtaxed they simply cannot be everywhere at once and therefore will not be there when you need them.

Buy firearms, learn how to use them and stock lots of ammo. Be responsible for the safety of your own family - rely on no one else.

·
Country Girl
995 Posts
While I agree that people should have the right to have guns and use them to protect what is rightfully theirs...surely if it was legal to have guns in England, then these riots would already be far worse because the rioters would also have the same "rights" and access to firearms as law abiding citizens?

To me it seems that the problem is not so much that citizens can't have guns, but more so that the LEO's did not have the power - and the numbers - to treat rioters forcefully enough on day 1 to stop it from escalating and spreading like it has.

If rioters knew that they would be up against tear gas, water cannon and rubber bullets most of them would rather stay at home on Facebook or the Playstation.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
isnt it possible that citizens defending their households could have been killed even if they did have firearms?

not sure what this incident proves...

maybe if they (the community defending their homes) would have had firearms it may have not happened at all or the ppl in the car would had been killed by the community defending themselves.

there is no way for the police to stop it. they are so undermaned specially the 1st day . it caught them off guard.

even if some of the rioter have guns, a well armed communtiy can hold down if not runn off all rioters.firearms is a force multiplier .the ppl defending their family and homes are more willing get hurt defending it and will to fight harder for their cause than the rioters are so if the defenders stood their ground the rioters not wanting to get hurt would leave in search for easier prey.specially since most of the rioters are not doing it for a cause

·
Sad But True
93 Posts
Guns are allowed in the UK just not "real" guns
.22 are allowed in some places and there are guns somewhere else
I still cant believe why the riot started though,a poor black man was shot by police,and they apparently arent allowed to use guns for enforcing the law
so apparently for rioters burning their own towns,looting them,and destroying peoples lives and homes will make everything better,what is this world coming to?

·
100% Full Battle Rattle
550 Posts
If the citizens were armed, the rioters would be less inclined to riot. End of story. You dont run into a fire knowing it is going to burn you. Unless you are there to save someone. ;)

Ahhhhhh relativity, how you do what you do.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
wait a second, I just watched the vid...

these kids werent defending their home, they were out in the street fighting the looters and got hit by a car

how would a gun have helped that situation?
Really?

Who would dare charge me if I have my guns and I am opening fire on mobs of people? No one. They would kill them selves trying to get away.

It takes very few bullets to make a car no longer mobile. And sometimes you have to take the fight to them instead of hiding in your house.

Moral is a very funny thing. One bullet, from one sniper can stop an entire army for moving forward. These boards have at least 3 that I know of, and trust me, no mob would dare harass them.

·
Limpin to safety.
7,639 Posts
mattbatson ... do your own homework from now on, but this time I'll do it for you.

The three boys killed were kids trying to defend their street from rioters. They were muslim, but they were fighting the bad guys .... which in this case were gangs of black rioters.

Secondly, just as an update, the English Defense League, an all white group in England, has now declared it is calling it's members in to fight back against the rioters.

Now, I'll type it again just to make sure I'm not misunderstood.

What we are seeing in England is exactly what we will eventually see here.

Something will be the spark, in this case it was a black drug dealer being shot and killed by the Coppers.

The riots will expand and become an issue about "underprivileged, jobless, etc," in the eyes of the liberal media which will only further fuel the fire.

People will begin to congregate according to race, creed, ethnic backgrounds and religious and political beliefs. It is happening right now in England where the Muslims are blaming the blacks, the blacks are blaming the Muslims, the whites are getting tired of all of it and .....

... if it slips into clashes between all of the various groups with racial, ethnic, religious lines being drawn, it will turn massively ugly in a hurry.

BTW, the three Muslim kids were intentionally run-over and killed by a black man.

B.J.J. Grappler, no need to be so defensive. LEOs will not be able to get there to protect you - we're seeing it happening over there right now. Everything else is just semantics. Our LEOs may want to get there, but they will not be able to do it - that's the bottom line. "Will not," "cannot," same thing. No one typed anything about, "didn't want to."

BTW, comparing what is happening right now between British LEOs and what may happen with U.S. LEOs is exactly what needs to be done. Two different philosophies you claim? Then please explain to all of us Watts '69? NYC riots in '64 and the later brown-out riots in the same city? Explain the Rodney King riots.

There is no difference. When LEOs are overtaxed they simply cannot be everywhere at once and therefore will not be there when you need them.

Buy firearms, learn how to use them and stock lots of ammo. Be responsible for the safety of your own family - rely on no one else.
A post and thread worthy of an award.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts