Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
If we get really violent storms on the way, my old dog is kicking down the doors to get in up to 6 hours before we get them, while the sky is clear and not a sign of storm in sight.
It really freaks them out, she hides under the strongest furniture in the house.

Reactions: jrstarkey

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I used to have a red Doberman that was terrified of thunder. I found the perfect solution. I'd put a tablespoon of Kalua (coffee liquer) on a slice of bread and feed it to him. When the little bit of alcohol would kick in, he'd go to sleep in a corner. By the time the "buzz" wore off the storm had passed.

Allan -- Worked great for me but YMMV...

·
"Gun nut"
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha thanks for the replies guy Stubby usually stays At the porch cuz he knows we'll let him in im glad he dont take off

·
Gettin' there
919 Posts
I have a cat that's my weather meter. She knows way before the weather man what's going to happen. Depending on the severity of storm: in the room with me (just a light rain), in the hallway (hard rain), in the hallway under the table (thunder storm), upstairs in the closet (batten down the hatches!).
gotta love her

·
AKA The Dragon
2,818 Posts
I know of a cat that goes beserk days before a major earthquake anywhere around the globe. Quite spooky really.
It just howells, won't eat, is restless and aggressive, won't stay inside for too long and most times climbs high points.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Survivalist Boards... for helping turn boys into men.

No, not a very good tagline- but accurate these days. Good for you, mano

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Good job,im also proud of you but most importantly you should be proud of yourself,its not easy being young and the man of the house,i know because i was in your shoes once and had my Mom and three Sisters to protect.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts