Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im just wondering what you should hunt with a .223:confused:. i wanna get a remington 700 sps 223 and i already have a 20 ga shotgun.:cool:

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
Here we go , clem's " I want this gun " this week .......................................:xeye:

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
hey guys im just wondering what you should hunt with a .223:confused:. i wanna get a remington 700 sps 223 and i already have a 20 ga shotgun.:cool:
2 legged vermin and small whitetail, usually in that order...

Reactions: Maverick88

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Awww. Go 7.62 X 39 or go with a 7.62 NATO (.308 Winchester) rifle for deer. Get a bolt action rifle in either of those calibers to drop a deer or to use as personal protection. Some states do NOT let people hunt deer with a .223 rifle because the small round isn't as effective or humane as it should be. That being said, go a little bit bigger just to be safe. After all, you don't want to have to track a wounded deer 20 miles to enjoy it.

·
6,686 Posts
You can hunt deer in SC with a .223, you can even use a .30 carbine if you're using soft points..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys i didnt say i was gonna hunt deer.but anyway im gonna save up and get a remington 700 sps 223 then sell my shotgun foor $300 and then get a VERY CHEAP DEER RIFLE. could you guys recamend a cheap deer rifle and please post a link to it. i got the 223 covered

·
6,686 Posts
as in my original post, WHAT CAN YOU HUNT WITH A .223? and should i put a scope on it?
I already told you, did you go to elementary school in SC where they don't teach reading comprehension?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ill be uding this gun around my parents property. i hunt with my cousin. thats why im gonna get a 223 cause the land has foxes, rabbits and such.like i said before.hey by the way can you guys recamend a website or store that you can by shotgun slugs for a 20 ga.?

·
6,686 Posts
Wal Mart over in Central.

What planet are you from?

·
NRA Instructor-Ohio CCW
3,169 Posts
I usually hunt polar bears and elephants with a 223. Shot placement is important.

By all means get a scope, at least 24x.

·
6,686 Posts
I hunt Carolina elephants and zebra with .223 50gr Brown Bear ballistic tips from 1000 yds.....

·
American fearmaker
14,245 Posts
Personally, I hunt those Martian tri-pods with an M-1A and it gets the job done...

Obviously, the second liar in this forum doesn't stand a chance, eh?

·
Registered
467 Posts
The 223 is an superior round to use when hunting squirrel:eek:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts