Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,521 Posts
I like the 22/45 with the lightweight Tactical Solutions aluminum barreled receiver on it. 5 inch is a good length for me from a balance and sight radius aspect. It's competition grade accurate and so light that it feels like a hollow toy. Great pot meat getter when you're out hunting, or to have in a BOB where weight is an issue.

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the 22/45 with the lightweight Tactical Solutions aluminum barreled receiver on it. 5 inch is a good length for me from a balance and sight radius aspect. It's competition grade accurate and so light that it feels like a hollow toy. Great pot meat getter when you're out hunting, or to have in a BOB where weight is an issue.

What kind of optic(s) do you mount on top?

·
Camper #9
514 Posts
S&W Air-Lite 8-shot with a 3" barrel.
Browning Buckmark 4" barrel.
S&W Kit Gun 6-shot with a 4" barrel.

When I pick up one, I always look longingly at the two I'm leaving behind.

Don't know if I will ever buy another handgun, but that Ruger 22-45 tempts me, as does the High Standard Victor.

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Browning buckmark
It started life as a standard 5.5" slab side and was more accurate than its owner! Though a little heavy for what I wanted...
added a 4" tac-sol threaded barrel w/ compensator
integral scope rail/ rear sight
raised front iron sight
Burris fast fire red dot
green laminated target grips
Seems we have a good consensus going! :thumb:

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ruger MkII target, all the way. I have a Burris Red-dot on mine and it is incredibly accurate. A real PITA to clean however-it's only real drawback.
Oh yes! I can tell you own a MKII just with that statement of it being a PITA to clean! I basically use a piece of pipe cleaner to get into the bolt/breech area and of course up through the grip. It takes a while yes it does! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 113 Posts