Survivalist Forum banner

.218 Bee & .22 Hornet & .256 Winchester Magnum (CLASS of CARTRIDGES) Discussion.

913 35
So, I am wanting to get a refresher and "Deeper" education reference a class of small centerfire cartridges. Much smaller the 5.56X45 size. I am actually looking for some good articles comparing that size cartridges. (I suck at finding things on internet)
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Chef,cook & bottle washer
736 Posts
Kind of a weird grouping in my mind. Why a 256W when the others are 22cal? 25-06 may be one to look at if you want bigger cal but still extremely accurate and fast…maybe a 220swift…fasted factory cartridge.

· Chef,cook & bottle washer
736 Posts
Want short barrel life 264 Win Mag and the 220 Swift come to mind for factory fodder.
But 4400fps….sometimes ya just gotta. Lol.

Granted, mine is one I custom built and barreled but it has well over 5k rounds and still is a tack driver as far as I care to shoot. Just my opinion, don’t heat the barrel up with any sustained fire and the only bullets that go to close to max are my yote rounds. I keep everything else at a measly 3900 to 4kfps. Definitely fun to shoot pdogs with…they just kind of disappear, just bring another rifle for the rest/most of the day.
My biggest issue is case life. Seems like more than 2-3 they start getting thin enough at the case head I don’t trust them…and I don’t full length resize for that gun to try and help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts