Survivalist Forum banner

.218 Bee & .22 Hornet & .256 Winchester Magnum (CLASS of CARTRIDGES) Discussion.

915 35
So, I am wanting to get a refresher and "Deeper" education reference a class of small centerfire cartridges. Much smaller the 5.56X45 size. I am actually looking for some good articles comparing that size cartridges. (I suck at finding things on internet)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· "eleutheromaniac"
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kind of a weird grouping in my mind. Why a 256W when the others are 22cal? 25-06 may be one to look at if you want bigger cal but still extremely accurate and fast…maybe a 220swift…fasted factory cartridge.
It is not the caliber; it is the relative cartridge size that put them in the same class "COMPARED" to your suggestion of 25-06. Which is twice as huge.

· "eleutheromaniac"
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
So, learn me about the FN-5.7X28 cartridge, that looks like a winner. The good, bad & ugly.

I have a Ruger 44/77 and been thinking the pointed plastic tipped .44 Mag. ammo, if it will fit the rotary magazine.

· "eleutheromaniac"
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Indeed. And the relative firearm size that they could be untilized in.

It's strange that development in the smaller size cartridges has been all but non existent. 256 Win is an interesting one out of a rifle.
I agree, something like a takedown H&R single, cut the barrel to 16.125 inches. I have always been fascinated with the .256 Win. cartridge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts