Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making no predictions myself but thought this was interesting:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=112452

A trends forecaster says the current economic "rebound" from last winter's Wall Street collapse of banks, insurance companies and automobile manufacturers is an artificial blip created by 'phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing."

And Gerald Celente of TrendsResearch.com, says people right now should be bracing for "the greatest recession" which will hit worldwide and will mark the "decline of empire America." Crop failures could be among the minor concerns.

"Here we are in 2012. Food riots, tax protests, farmer rebellions, student revolts, squatter diggins, homeless uprisings, tent cities, ghost malls, general strikes, bossnappings, kidnappings, industrial saboteurs, gang warfare, mob rule, terror," he writes for a quarterly publication that is available through subscription on his website.

He also talked about his forecasts with Greg Corombos of Radio America/WND in an interview that has been posted online.

The recent surge in Wall Street indexes back to near the 10,000 level, still far below the 14,000 prior to the crash, should be no reassurance for anyone, he said.

"There's no recovery. This is merely a cover-up," he said. "The market crashed in March of 2009 and around the world they papered over the damage from the collapse with phantom money printed out of thin air backed by nothing," he said.

This is "much bigger" than an economic collapse, he said. "This is the decline of empire America."

"Look what's happened to the dollar," he warned. "Gold prices are surging forward. That's the evidence. The rest that's coming from Washington and Wall Street is rhetoric."

"This is the beginning of the greatest depression. We're telling our readers to take pro-active measures in anticipation of much worse to come," he said.

USA Today says Celente "has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right," and CNBC says, "The man knows what he's talking about."

The Wall Street Jounral has said, "Those who take their predictions seriously … consider the Trends Research Institute."

He said during the Radio America/WND interview that retail sales this coming Christmas season will be the "real nail in the economic coffin."

"The second American revolution has already begun; it just hasn't been announced yet by the mainstream media," he said. "Anybody waiting for hope to show up at the door with a big bag full of money is going to be in for a shock."

Tim Barello in the Examiner noted that since 1980 Celente has made at least 40 accurate predictions about major world events, such as the 1987 stock market crash.

"Throughout the 1990's, many other forecasts came true, including the collapse of the Soviet Union, surges in global terrorism, the popularity of spiritual and new age philosophies, public backlash against globalization, upsurges in online shopping, and the 1997 Asian financial crisis, to name a select few," he wrote.

Now comes his forecast for a global depression and for the United States, "Obamageddon."

"We want to make it very clear that the policies leading to the decline of 'Empire America' have been long in the making," Celente told Barello. "What has happened in the Obama administration is that they have taken policies far beyond even what Bush took with the TARP program; for example, with his stimulus package, with the buyouts, with the bailouts, the rescue packages, these are unprecedented in American history.

"Never before has so much phantom money been printed out of thin air, backed by nothing, producing practically nothing," Celente continued. "You don't even have to be a student of history to know the outcome of this. All you have to do is have your eyes open, and start thinking for yourself."

In his conversation with the Examiner, Celente warned with the "bubble" bursts, U.S. taxpayers will be slammed because, unlike during the dot-com bubble, the stock market bubble and the real estate bubble, they are stockholders in a long list of major companies.

He forecasts the possibility of a civil war, and says if people want to see what Main Street America will look like, they should "drive around Detroit. Look at all the blown out houses and empty neighborhoods. Look at the violence that's increasing. … Look at the types of heinous crimes being committed by people – some blowing their whole families away…"

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
what is scaring me most is : dont have a gun here dont whant a social colapse (ever!)
but the way things are going .... my 2 bros are out of a job and the rest of the familly aint that good either ... :-( [btw im in canada]

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,836 Posts
Didn't he predict another great depression by July of '09?
Just saying...

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
These are not nessesarily "gloom and doom predictions". If you have eyes in your head and a brain to keep it company, you can't help but see the writing on the wall! We have an economic crisis that we can't hope to get out of. We have other countries in the world trying (franticly) to get out of the dollar and make the world reserve something else. We have a House, Senate and White House that are gradually eroding our rights left and right. Not only that, but in a time of severe economic short falls, they want to just print more money and throw it after the money they already printed and can't pay for. How long do you think that can last?
People are so under pressure that they are ready to explode. Worse, helf of them are angry at liberals and ready to create a civil war.

This is the cold hard truth. This is finally something that the politicians can't "kick down the road" to the next generation.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I have been listening to Celente for several years now. He is a straight forward guy and knows what he is talking about.

Yes he did say that we would be in a depression in 2009, but it was delayed by the government printing all that money and throwing it at the banks, insurance companys and auto manufacturing companys. If the government had let capitalism take its course, we would be in a depression now and working our way out of it.

Now the government is going deeper into debt, but that wont stop the depression from hitting us. It will just make it last longer and make it harder to work our way out of it.

I come from a poor background. I have been financially poor most of my life. I worked for everything I have and I will continue to work hard to keep it in the future. I am comfortable within a poor life. How many of you can be comfortable with a few dollars and change in your pocket? How many of you can eat at home and not see the inside of a resturant for months? Can you actually feel comfortable wearing clothing from a stranger (thrift shopping)? Can you grow and preserve your own food during the comming depression?

If you can't, you need to get in the right mind set and learn to enjoy the poor life. It may be the only life left for most Americans in the years to come. Get some friends together and learn to garden and preserve.

Get a few chickens for the back yard and a few rabbits for meat. Learn to depend more on yourself for the basics in life. It is up lifting to successfully grow all the food that is spread out over the dinner table.

Good luck to all during the depression that is headed our way.

·
Broken Richaed Grunt
589 Posts
Didn't he predict another great depression by July of '09?
Just saying...
Plunge protection teams... Just saying Market munipulation.... just saying record unemployment just saying trillions in debt just saying ect ect ect ect

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I have been wondering with all the 2012 shows, Nostradomus documentaries, now a movie... will people "make" 2012 a disaster because they expect it. Will human psychology CREATE the destruction?
EXACTLY!!!

Y2K, what actually happened?? Nothing. What happened in my local town? both supermarkets where stripped of all non-perishable foods for about 3 days.

The most amazing thing about it is, everyone knew when Y2K was, everyone had been talking months in advance of something possibly going wrong, and yet it was not untill Dec 31st 1999 that the shelves where stripped bare.

Why did everyone leave it so late??

One thing is certain though, I have no plans to have an empty pantry December 20, 2012.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EXACTLY!!!

Y2K, what actually happened?? Nothing. What happened in my local town? both supermarkets where stripped of all non-perishable foods for about 3 days.

The most amazing thing about it is, everyone knew when Y2K was, everyone had been talking months in advance of something possibly going wrong, and yet it was not untill Dec 31st 1999 that the shelves where stripped bare.

Why did everyone leave it so late??

One thing is certain though, I have no plans to have an empty pantry December 20, 2012.
Yeah but what they are saying it is THE END OF THE WORLD. Doesnt matter how much food you have if it is over its over.

But if it turns out to bet a bunch of BS you will be in good shape I guess.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
i wonder how many doom and glume prodictions made over the centuries have actually happened.
Yeah, whatever.
First, Taisdealach, it's spelled GLOOM,not "glume".
Second, I don't seem to recall a single post from you that you aren't being a counter-productive,antagonstic jerk. On a related note,has it occured to you to ever thank another member for a useful post ? HUH ?
Third, the fact that many people over the centuries have made less than accurate predictions concerning the future is not rational justification to discount Gerald Celente and his most impressive record.
Everyone from the National Weather Service to the mainstream sportscasters have made both bad and good calls over the years.
This is not another case of some half-baked idiot standing on a street corner yelling "The end is near". Celente and his organization consider all the available evidence from a realistic,non-partisan view, and lets the chips fall where they may. Virtually ALL the available evidence indicates the planet is on the verge of some serious grief, on numerous fronts.
Maybe you would be more well served by examining the facts that prevail NOW rather than mistaken predictions from by-gone eras. ;)

·
Sniper-Tec
305 Posts
i wonder how many doom and glume prodictions made over the centuries have actually happened.
Gerald Celente and Peter Schiff have both predicted what has happened in the past 2 years. Who are you going to believe?? Barney Franks who kept saying that everything was fine up until the point it all collapsed?

If you are not familiar with these two people you need to look them up on youtube and learn something.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's difficult to know WHEN things will happen because we don't know what "fixes" are going to be put in to slow it down or whatever. Maybe July 2009 was the start of it, who knows? Who knows when "everything" started?
We know we can't continue on this course and, if we do, our nation will be in a bad way. Whether it is 2012 or 2010 or whenever...it isn't looking hopeful. To that extent, I agree with the original post. He isn't the only one making dire predictions now, and it has nothing to do with the Mayans or Nostradamus, or any other fortune teller...it's simply common sense from those who are keeping watch on things, like most of us have been doing.
The people in this nation have always been optimists, the future always looking better than now. But polls are saying the opposite: most people are feeling that our best days were behind us...the future not so much. And yes this also affects the direction of the economy, when people have no faith in it, they don't spend on nonessentials or play in the stock market. It's just another factor in a coming depression.
What giles me is that none of this is necessary...the politicians keep on going down the same track regardless, almost like they deliberately are trying to ruin us. I don't go for conspiracy theories, but I also can't believe they could be so stupid to do this out of ignorance. I think Obama truly does hate this nation and is smiling to himself to see it destroyed, but what is the motivation of the rest of them?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.