Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
Having a problem with my 2001 Landrover Discovery TD5 rear air suspension.
OSR air bag deflates when driving.
I've replaced the compressor as it was already starting to fail (noisey) and both rear level sensors. ( All parts are genuine Landrover).
Landrover have calibrated the sytem and all was ok for about a week and then it started happening again, only now it deflates about every 250yds.

I dont think its caused by an air leak as you can park her up for a week at a time and the level never drops. On some days the suspension doesnt drop even when driving. Its as if theres an elec fault and its telling the bag to deflate.

Hoping someones had this fault before and could possibly guide me in the right direction to a fix

Best regards
Mark.

·
Registered
258 Posts
My guess would be leaking bags since they are known for that. My 04 SE7 has springs so I am not too familiar with the air suspension. I would swap out to traditional coils and be done with the air setup though. It looks to be a pretty easy swap and relatively cheap.

Check out www.lrrforums.com for some good tech help and good links.

Check out www.Atlanticbritish.com for the air to coil swap.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess would be leaking bags since they are known for that. My 04 SE7 has springs so I am not too familiar with the air suspension. I would swap out to traditional coils and be done with the air setup though. It looks to be a pretty easy swap and relatively cheap.

Check out www.lrrforums.com for some good tech help and good links.

Check out www.Atlanticbritish.com for the air to coil swap.
Thanks for the links and the advice.
Have thought about a coil spring conversion but the air suspension normaly works fine and gives a good ride

Best regards
Mark.

·
89' Supra Turbo 12.1 1/4m
89 Posts
Check out rangerovers.net There is alot of info there that could help you even if yours is a disco. I have a Range Rover and I replaced my air bags with Arnott Bags (arnottindustries.com) and havent had any problems since. They make some great stuff.
You'll also be able to find alot of info on clearing faults on that first web site. Let me know if you need any help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.