Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Iēsous
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a dunhams they have Hasan
12 ga for 189 ish
My total was 264.00 but i bought 2 boxes of 00 buck for 34 bucks for 20 rd box.
Really like this shotgun
Mine is pistol grip and an 18 in barrel
Home defense is its role but im thinking
It could be a decent quail shotgun
As they always wait till your on top
Of them before they scare the crap out of you
And break cover.
Love the grip for this turkish beast
Excellent tube reviews.
Was going to my bosses woodsmaster
But was a rust bucket
Damn shame as it was fired once and put up for years.....badly.
Oh well maybe a nicer 30.06 or 270 will show up at the pawn shop and.if not dunhams
Has big sales before hunting season.
Pardon our airsofts lol
Thank you sleepy joe

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If you have a dunhams they have Hasan
12 ga for 189 ish
My total was 264.00 but i bought 2 boxes of 00 buck for 34 bucks for 20 rd box.
Really like this shotgun
Mine is pistol grip and an 18 in barrel
Home defense is its role but im thinking
It could be a decent quail shotgun
As they always wait till your on top
Of them before they scare the crap out of you
And break cover.
Love the grip for this turkish beast
Excellent tube reviews.
Was going to my bosses woodsmaster
But was a rust bucket
Damn shame as it was fired once and put up for years.....badly.
Oh well maybe a nicer 30.06 or 270 will show up at the pawn shop and.if not dunhams
Has big sales before hunting season.
Pardon our airsofts lol
Thank you sleepy joe
View attachment 360695
If your planning on using this shotgun for self defense then you should spend more and get one that has a long record of reliability. It will cost more, but isn’t your life worth it?

A Mossberg 590 in 12 gauge has a long record of reliability and is used by police departments.They should run about $500.

Alternatively, an AR/AK would be much better and cost $1,000 or so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had 4 Mossberg 500 pump guns, dependable, keep them oiled and they will work forever, I now use a Mossberg 930 JM Pro for defense and Remington 1100 for fun, but always got that 500 in the background.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
If your planning on using this shotgun for self defense then you should spend more and get one that has a long record of reliability. It will cost more, but isn’t your life worth it?

A Mossberg 590 in 12 gauge has a long record of reliability and is used by police departments.They should run about $500.

A genuine 590 has big Tacticool points these days, and I have seen some stupidly selling for 2X to 3X normal value lately! o_O

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, I agree, I once bought a 590 at a flea market for $250 in original box, but now with 00Buck going for $2 to $2.50 a round nothing is unbelievable, I have trusted my Mossbergs for over 50 yrs and continue to this day

·
Iēsous
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Na not downing mossy but this bird has stellar
Reviews on the tube.
And don't dismiss Turkish arms makers
They are very good and getting better
But then they are the 8th strongest military
Do some homework before you dismiss Turkish
Arms.

·
MortarMaggot
3,479 Posts
About 7 or 8 years ago I bought a H&R pardner pump protector in 12ga at wally world for like $130. It's basically an 870 clone but actually better built than anything Remington has built in 20+ years & very sturdy. Uses the same after market parts as the 870 too. I put a folding stock on it shortly after I got it. Lots of the naysayers poo-poo'd that shotgun saying it wouldn't last. I've got 1K's of rounds through it & it gets knocked around some & is still running like a champ. I've known some guys who have bought actual Remington 870's that haven't been used 1/2 as much that were falling apart. But hey, at least they spent way more for that Remington name! My only regret is I didn't go back & buy a couple more, especially one in 20 or 28ga for the wife.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have had 4 Mossberg 500 pump guns, dependable, keep them oiled and they will work forever, I now use a Mossberg 930 JM Pro for defense and Remington 1100 for fun, but always got that 500 in the background.
i have a Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge for self defense. Recoil actuated which absorbs a lot of the recoil.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
A Mossberg 590 in 12 gauge has a long record of reliability and is used by police departments.They should run about $500. Alternatively said:
Believe it or not there are people out there that don't have money to throw around, and there are people who way overcharge for "elete" name brands.

·
Iēsous
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a flashlight on the shotgun
And took the night vision off the 22
And mounted it on my break barrel
Its super easy to swap
I tell you for 100 bucks this thing rocks
Easily see out 200 meters plus
It had 50 50 reviews though the vids sold me
The directions leave a bit to be desired
But its pretty simple once you mess with it a bit.
And you could just mount it on a 1 inch rod
No gun.
The torch is decent but i figure i will get a nice one and turn this 100 dollar baby into a 800 dollar one lol. First shot with it i hit a 2l laying on its side at 70 yards.
Super easy set up buget friendly

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Maverick 88 Security 8. Less than $200 back when I bought it. Got it a few bucks over $200 by adding a pistol grip butt stock.

Ithaca Model 37. Bought used for under $200. Looks like every other wood and steel shotgun, but the action is slicker than whale snot on snail slime. Bottom eject, slam fire capable.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
DEFINITELY upgrade when the firearms supply gets in better shape - any firearm that is going to be an EDC during a serious SHTF will have to be one of the best available to survive that abuse - and if this liberal assault continues you'll want your future generations to have something to shoot .....

a good measuring stick for that is to copy what the more than average & professional trapshooters bring to the club - talking about 1,000s & 1,000s of shells per year thru their competition gun ....

·
Father of 11 husband of 1
10,860 Posts
About 7 or 8 years ago I bought a H&R pardner pump protector in 12ga at wally world for like $130. It's basically an 870 clone but actually better built than anything Remington has built in 20+ years & very sturdy. Uses the same after market parts as the 870 too. I put a folding stock on it shortly after I got it. Lots of the naysayers poo-poo'd that shotgun saying it wouldn't last. I've got 1K's of rounds through it & it gets knocked around some & is still running like a champ. I've known some guys who have bought actual Remington 870's that haven't been used 1/2 as much that were falling apart. But hey, at least they spent way more for that Remington name! My only regret is I didn't go back & buy a couple more, especially one in 20 or 28ga for the wife.

I have a Hogue fore-end and a Raptor grip on my Pardner Pump Protector. It would be the last shotgun I would let go of. It's smooth as glass and never misses a beat. A Hi-viz sight is also a great addition.

·
Registered
9,453 Posts
I have put around 300 rounds through my Maverick 88, it shoots very well, never a malfunction. I have put on it a shorter Hogue stock, a red dot scope, a barrel vent. I want to change the fore end to a Magpul, or maybe get one with the light built in.

I've run mini-shells through it too, I have a few of those Opsol adapters, even the cheap clones on eBay work. I have one Shockwave that I only run with mini-shells. That one I machined up a Magpul fore end to fit it.

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
i have a Benelli M1 Super 90 12 gauge for self defense. Recoil actuated which absorbs a lot of the recoil.
that's a nice weapon there - my Win Super Xs are on similar recoil platform >> I can actually still one arm with them - might have to go to them eventually if I live to 80 ....

·
Semper Fi
9,738 Posts

Hatsan (not Hasan as the OP called it) is a Turkish firearms company that has been making guns for longer than there has been a USA. Mossberg is a toddler compared to them. And for the record, the Mossy 20g semi-auto is made in Turkey.

The Hatsans are VERY popular and well thought of in the UK due to the Euro exchange rate making the French/Italian shotguns exorbitantly priced.. I own two of their semi-autos, a 12g and 20g and really like them. The 12g has been flawless from literally right out of the box through a thousand or so rounds. The 20g has a slight hiccup presenting the next round to the chamber every so often but I don't shoot it enough to look into it. Could just need breaking in as it has barely been shot. I bought it for my wife years ago but it turned out ot be too big for her.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Semper Fi
9,738 Posts
I have always heard it was the opposite, that a recoil action hit your shoulder harder than a gas gun.

Another problem with recoil operation is that if you are wounded or otherwise unable to provide a relatively firm grip on the weapon it can fail to cycle properly. Just like limp wristing a semi-auto pistol will.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
I joined the cheap turkish shotgun club. I won a gunbroker auction for $155 and got a new 12 gauge, 20 " barrel, full tube 7+1 pistol grip pump. All told with shipping, taxes, transfer fee it will be $213. From reviews and videos I have found online they have been positive but even if it is a POS I won't feel rooked too bad. If it goes bang reliably and doesn't get too lonely in the closet I will be happy. I have other 12 gauges but nothing I consider apt for home defense and they would all be too expensive to be taken away as evidence if I had to actually use in social context.

link to shotgun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts