Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything that could go wrong did go wrong: War, Terrorism, Natural Disasters. Evacuees were ushered from the cities to refugee camps in the surrounding counties. In-fighting, famine and disease took their toll on the survivors. Now, twenty years after the bombs fell and the plagues ran their course the few that remain live in fear and without hope. Azura Skye (28 DAYS, ONE MISSED CALL) stars as Sarah in this Post-Apocalyptic Fairy Tale about a young woman's journey to deliver the first child born in 15 Years. Sarah's refusal to give up is inspired by a lone voice on her radio. Michael (Joshua Leonard, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT) broadcasts dim and distant messages of hope mixed with the music he scavenges from the dead. Forced from her basement home by drought and relentlessly pursued by those who want her baby, Sarah crosses paths with Michael in a cavernous, underground refuge of disparate survivors. It is from Three Caves that Michael and Sarah will embark on a journey beyond the boundaries of the Southern Corridor and into the unknown future. Nathan Baesel (BEHIND THE MASK: THE RISE OF LESLIE VERNON), Reg. E Cathey (THE WIRE) and Diane Salinger (CARNIVÁLE) co-star in this artfully rendered vision of a challenging future filled with danger, fear and hope.
(IMDB Plot Summary)

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm seems this isn't a continuation of the 28 days of 28 weeks later series. Also to me the preview seems like it's recorded with an amateur camera lens, like it's a TV show or something. Doesn't look like it's going to be my bag personally, but there's been some talk here about making babies post shtf so it could interest some. Actually it's weird - the film says survivors wanted to do more than just survive post shtf, not hide like rats in caves.. were the writers watching this forum? Because I've read it before!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just watched it.

I'll start out with what I liked about it:

- The main message out of this movie I guess is that it is not enough to survive, you have to LIVE or you're no better than rats living off of the decaying corpse of a once-great civilization.

- Good guys get a pickup running off alcohol fuel

- Survivors are using Emergency Broadcast Service transmitters to try and make contact with others

- It might get some of the sheep that see it to think twice about what they might do in such a situation, but that's about the most value you could get out of it.

Here's what I didn't like about it:

- The "universe" the story is set in is very small. Apart from once scene in the ruins of a city, you do not get the feeling that this is a nation-wide SHTF at all.

- The story was heavy on artsy story devices, but low on actual story. I believe that this is was a stage play before it was a movie. The film adaptation was not very well done IMHO. It was probably a kick-ass play though.

I liked the Postman much better, but kudos to the writers for getting it made.

I just wish that a knowledgeable survivalist would write a movie like this. It is ripe for a re-make (yep, five days before it is even released).

But, having said all of the above, go see it. I may have missed something important.

Reactions: arrexian

·
ruralist
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about that black guy who seems to have total control over time and space? Wasn't much of an explaination for that and if there was I missed it!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, that's one of those artsy stage play story devices - I think even a cliched hollywood flashback would have been better. When you've got a budget and aren't tied to a single location, that sort of thing just isn't right.

Maybe the Professor was the "Ghost of Civilizations Past"?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts