Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any or have you seen 20' Conex with double doors on both ends...?? Any idea what those cost...???

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When in market for purchase, note that the original CONEX was a somewhat square container far from being near a 20 ft container size.
I own two and they came as one original 20' double doored conex, not two ten footers welded together. They are very-very hard to find.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Should the double-door, 20' conex be hard to find or prohibitively expensive to buy - you might consider buying a 48' trailer from a trucking company and adding a door to the front end.
My group has a small trucking enterprise and we have 4 48 footers converted to storage, two still on wheels and suspension and two sitting flat on the ground with a roofed 20' span bridging them for additional under-roof storage. We have discussed adding doors to the 'ends' of the trailers sitting on the ground but have not done so at this time.
Adding roll-up doors or even surplus trailer doors would not be hard to do.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My goal is to sell the (2) Two that I currently own. I just need to figure out the current value. Which is hard, especially where I live.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The only price I could find that didn't require asking for a quote:
"Double Door - 20' DC New / One Trip Shipping Container - Dallas, TX
Was: $5,500.00
Now: $5,400.00"

·
Registered
400 Posts
Check your zoning. I wanted one for my property. Found out they're not allowed in my area. The zoning administrator was pretty honest with me. He said "I don't go out looking for them, but somebody files a complaint, I have to check it out."

I ended up playing by the rules and playing it safe. I opted to store my excess junk in an ugly cargo trailer and an even uglier tarp shelter, but it's legal.

I'm glad I played by the rules as the township supervisor has become kind of a buddy. Nice dude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts