Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some toilet paper to add to my stash the other day. It was marked 20% more on the package. I went to store it in the cabinet and the first thing I noticed was that it was about two inches shorter than the other packs of the exact same brand (angelsoft) I have. This led me to look at the label a little closer. The old 12 pack roll is marked 501 square feet. The 12 pack roll I had just purchased which is marked 20% more only has 480 square feet. So I’m thinking what could 20% more mean, then I figured it out. It means 20% more than you are gonna get next time sucker. Went back up to the house and my wife was just getting home from chinamart and she had bought some of the same angelsoft 12 roll tp. I take a look and sure enough it’s marked 400 square feet. This in the span of a couple of weeks. What a scam. Course it still only cost $5.97 you just get 20% less now. Sad thing is most of the sheeple shoppers at china mart probably don’t even notice. :mad:

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
I agree , its called advertisement. Americans do a good job on this but the chineezes do a excellent job.
Its like moma always said if it sounds to good to be true , its because it is. Sheeple fall for this like theres no tomorrow. Its on sale 25% off, when the actual price is 50% lower then tagged.

·
Indefatigable
21,113 Posts
Yep, we notice this not too long ago ourselves. My husband who is a big fan of kraft mac and cheese has stopped eating it. Says its not close to the same anymore. Prices are going up but quantity and quality are going down. Same old catch 22.

Reactions: LadyFenix

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
Lies work so well in the media, we not use them in advertising. -- - or was it the other way around?

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's a huge pain when stocking up too because, like you said, the new sizes don't match the old. We all know stuff if getting more expensive, so I wish they'd just leave the sizes alone and just charge more.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Unless you've been living in a cave, somewhere in the wilderness, you should be aware that EVERYTHING in the grocery store is being downsized and cleverly repackaged to make it appear that the "new" package has the same quantity as what it replaced.

The toilet paper manufacturers have been playing this dirty little game for quite a while. Hard to know why you haven't realized that you have extra space on the toilet paper roller in the bathroom, now, because the width of the roll is narrower than it used to be.

Prices go up. Quantity and quality go down. Welcome to the New Depression.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
The dishdoc, typical package shorting I noticed the last couple of years. It was very apparent when I compared items from Sams club from 3 years ago to 1 year ago. The packages used to be hold 8 cans, then they went to 6 or from 12 to 10. Tuna fish and other canned goods along with cereal boxes. Prices stays about the same or goes up a little for less product.

Just yesterday we were commenting on how a can of soup is only 1 bowl or serving, but years ago it used to be 2 servings.

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unless you've been living in a cave, somewhere in the wilderness, you should be aware that EVERYTHING in the grocery store is being downsized and cleverly repackaged to make it appear that the "new" package has the same quantity as what it replaced.
Yes I have been following the less product trend for years now but my point was the nerve they have labeling it 20% bonus when it's actually less. :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts