Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,205 Posts
1 flag is based on a lie and is racist, 1 flag is not. Can you tell the difference?
I see them applying rules equally. If they hadnt allowed these flags but did allow BLM flags I would understand the outrage.

Reactions: AZ_HighCountry

·
Super Moderator
14,205 Posts
Are you serious ? Even the mods are lefties now.
If thinking that rules and laws should be applied equally, no matter the person or the circumstance then I guess I'm guilty.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
Are you serious ? Even the mods are lefties now.
Siding with the moderator on this one. The article was clear. What's good for the goose is good for the gander regardless of whether one is based on a lie and the other isn't.

Not understanding what's hard about that.

I do admire the kinds who flew the thin blue line flag. They still stood up for their convictions.

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
I see them applying rules equally. If they hadnt allowed these flags but did allow BLM flags I would understand the outrage.
But the two students did it anyway, knowing they would likely be punished. I would like to believe it wasn't a stunt but rather they had some principles they stood by. And as was posted, they did it peacefully and didn't fight or argue about being caught. That is the essence of a "peaceful protest". Make your stance known but be aware there are some consequences you may suffer in response for standing up to your beliefs. A good person accepts those consequences peacefully. The correct way to use the 1st A. The libs could learn something from them.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Siding with the moderator on this one. The article was clear. What's good for the goose is good for the gander regardless of whether one is based on a lie and the other isn't.

Not understanding what's hard about that.

I do admire the kinds who flew the thin blue line flag. They still stood up for their convictions.
There's zero equivalency between the Police Flag and the other group. One is a self avowed Marxist front organization , the Police are an Institution as old as the Republic.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have to agree that the rules were applied equally. No flags means no flags. I'll admit I was heated at first till I got all the info. I was thinking they just refused those flags because of what they represented, but turned out they refused all flags. Though i will say good on the students to do it anyway. They were protesting the way it is meant to be "peaceful". Peaceful civil disobedience can accomplish more than burning, looting and attacking, but you still have to pay the price for breaking the rules if any are broken. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
I have to agree that the rules were applied equally. No flags means no flags. I'll admit I was heated at first till I got all the info. I was thinking they just refused those flags because of what they represented, but turned out they refused all flags. Though i will say good on the students to do it anyway. They were protesting the way it is meant to be "peaceful". Peaceful civil disobedience can accomplish more than burning, looting and attacking, but you still have to pay the price for breaking the rules if any are broken. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences.
Bingo!

Especially the part where the kids demonstrated exactly what the #OnlyBLM people don't: PEACEFUL protests.

Kudos to the kids for showing such maturity.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I agree with that statement. For example someone who burns a flag and then gets schooled by a Patriot , those are consequences for excersizing free speech.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
The school applied the rules equally. What is hard about understanding that?
because you can not compare a Communist Liberation front movement with the institution of Law Enforcement. Hard to understand ? The school adminstrators(s) were wrong to lay the two side by side.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I remember when burning the flag was ruled free speech and I didn't agree then and won't agree now. I get where they are coming from, but it is just wrong to me. It represents all the fundamentals of what this nation means, was founded on and by burning it it shows that you give up those fundamentals, which also includes freedom of speech.

·
Registered
11,263 Posts
because you can not compare a Communist Liberation front movement with the institution of Law Enforcement. Hard to understand ? The school adminstrators(s) were wrong to lay the two side by side.
You seem to be the one who is having a hard time understanding. Here, let me help you:

The school didn't want to be caught in the middle. Favoring one over another. By telling both side no they avoid any controversy directed at them. Too bad more people didn't know the full story before admonishing the school.

Seriously, learn to do some critical thinking here.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Actually, guys, it is indeed the application of the same rules to both groups. One group decided that the penalty was worth bucking that decision. Either group would have gotten that wrist slap.

Politics only has a place in this issue because the decision for both requests was the avoidance of politics.

That school system, Little Miami, is is bunch of farm kids in a very rural community in rural Ohio. Like our village, American flags line Main Sreet starting before Memorial Day and come down a couple weeks after Labor Day. Morrow has some light industry. Most of the kids that stay do families, kids like me join the military to get away. Very few go to college. Its very small.

This is only political to you guys and NONE of our opinions matter because none of use live there, work there, pay taxes there. None of us. I've been there a couple times to go canoing outside of town. When rocks were soft they were sports rivals.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What a disgrace! It’s really sad to see how our police are being treated, and demonized. Cops are being shot and assaulted every day, and I’m sick of the media getting away with the false narratives, that are inciting these idiots to carry out these cowardly acts. We all need to start demanding some accountability from these dirty media and politicians! If we don’t win in November, we’re gonna b in the fight of our lives!

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
You seem to be the one who is having a hard time understanding. Here, let me help you:

The school didn't want to be caught in the middle. Favoring one over another. By telling both side no they avoid any controversy directed at them. Too bad more people didn't know the full story before admonishing the school.

That's the problem in our society, no one has the guts to take a stand against something that is wrong on every level. People better start standing up and be counted or we will lose it all.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Pot meet kettle.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
The school wouldn't be in the news if they had used punishment proportional to the misdeed. Whatever happened to writing "I will do what the coach says" 100 times on the chalkboard. Lots of school administrators should have to write "I will use common sense"

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
The school wouldn't be in the news if they had used punishment proportional to the misdeed. Whatever happened to writing "I will do what the coach says" 100 times on the chalkboard. Lots of school administrators should have to write "I will use common sense"

Best post in the whole damn thread.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts