Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Ohio High School football players were suspended indefinitely for waving a thin blue line flag at last Friday evening's 9/11 events prior to their ball game on the field. We are talking about heartland USA Ohio here folks. I'm sure the school official is some far left pseudo intellectual type that is out of tune with the community that pays their salary. Hope these Young Men sue her and the school district.

I'm sure there would have been no issue if they were waving a blm flag or banner. We need to get the leftists out of our schools.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-red-line-flags-field-9-11-anniversary-video/

·
That'll be the day...
3,273 Posts
Freedom is Speech is dead and or dying if you are on the Right... or even worse, a Christian.

The post above is 100% correct.... a couple of students waving a BLM flag wouldn't have been touched.

The thing is.... these two kids will probably become national hero's. I bet Trump picks up on it.... and wouldn't be surprised if the kids are highlighted at the next Trump rally in Ohio. Remember the kid that the Indian harassed for wearing a Trump Cap? That kid will have a very successful and prosperous life for the next 80 years.

·
Super Moderator
14,205 Posts
By the way, I did some research on this. The kids werent suspended because of the type of flags, they were suspended because they asked to carry them out and were denied but did it anyway. Previously a player wanted to bring out a BLM flag and was denied for that to.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
By the way, I did some research on this. The kids werent suspended because of the type of flags, they were suspended because they asked to carry them out and were denied but did it anyway. Previously a player wanted to bring out a BLM flag and was denied for that to.
Funny how the story changes once all of the facts are known. In other words, Ohio State didn't discriminate since they denied a similar request to a #BLM supporter.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Thats Morrow, Ohio. Picture a rural town in rolling wooded hills below the glacier line. They were denied because of the previous BLM flag request and denial.
I bet that suspension created a firestorm.

·
Retired kafir
17,230 Posts
And since the story has gone around the world on several outlets, the wrath of the public is raining down on the school board and the school administration who not only suspended the boys, but who told them they couldn't display the flags in the first place.

Since when is paying tribute to first responders on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in US history political?

That jack-hole superintendent Gregory Power needs to be fired.

https://local12.com/news/local/litt...eying-district-and-carrying-police-fire-flags

In a message from the Little Miami Board of Education, President Bobbie Grice said the superintendent and the administrators had completed their investigation. "The results show that there were no political motivations behind this display of support for first responders on 9/11, but there were stances of insubordination."
And they are now sorry the entire world knows what despicable cretins they are.

Grice said the district was sad to see this story take a negative turn.
https://local12.com/news/local/litt...eying-district-and-carrying-police-fire-flags

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And since the story has gone around the world on several outlets, the wrath of the public is raining down on the school board and the school administration who not only suspended the boys, but who told them they couldn't display the flags in the first place.

Since when is paying tribute to first responders on the anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in US history political?

That jack-hole superintendent Gregory Power needs to be fired.

And they are now sorry the entire world knows what despicable cretins they are.

Bingo on all points ! That's why we post these news articles on the internet. Guaranteed a ****storm blew their way and they back pedaled asap . That's called pushback.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ded-after-carrying-pro-law-enforcement-flags/

·
Retired kafir
17,230 Posts
Bingo on all points ! That's why we post these news articles on the internet. Guaranteed a ****storm blew their way and they back pedaled asap . That's called pushback.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/20...ded-after-carrying-pro-law-enforcement-flags/
100%

There most likely are MANY SB viewers who don't get their news from anything other than the 6 o-clock TV, so posting threads pointing out some of the crap that goes on locally is one way to get around the msm who usually ignores it.

·
Super Moderator
14,205 Posts
100%

There most likely are MANY SB viewers who don't get their news from anything other than the 6 o-clock TV, so posting threads pointing out some of the crap that goes on locally is one way to get around the msm who usually ignores it.
That crap would be what? Applying the rules equally

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im proud of those young American men. It gives me a good feeling towards some of there generation. We need more of this defiance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
100%

I would tend to believe many of the SB posters get their news on reliable internet sources. Many never go to the main stream media. I don't and haven't even looked at those for years. Most preppers I know do the same.

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
I want to believe the two students did it because they truly believed it was the right thing to do. I remember back in high school, we had a dress code. We couldn't wear jeans, had to wear a button-down dress shirt and a tie. So about 40 of us staged a protest of sorts. We wore very nice jeans and no ties. We all got suspended. Talking with my Mom and Dad that night, I explained why we did it. Surprisingly my Dad listened and saw what we were complaining about. So I did the three day suspension. Within a month, the dress code was changed. I gather the admin at the school didn't like all the mail they got on the subject.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I want to believe the two students did it because they truly believed it was the right thing to do. I remember back in high school, we had a dress code. We couldn't wear jeans, had to wear a button-down dress shirt and a tie. So about 40 of us staged a protest of sorts. We wore very nice jeans and no ties. We all got suspended. Talking with my Mom and Dad that night, I explained why we did it. Surprisingly my Dad listened and saw what we were complaining about. So I did the three day suspension. Within a month, the dress code was changed. I gather the admin at the school didn't like all the mail they got on the subject.
I'm good with this. Like you, the two football players stood for their principles. I am good with that. At least they chose a better method than the #OnlyBLM group typically does. And for that, Ohio State should be grateful.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
After a change.org petition of over 19,000 supporters, the two students were reinstated .

In the article below a woman states that the Blue Thin Line flag would be threatening to her black son . That is the attitude that needs to be fixed RIGHT THERE, as I am sure plenty of police of every color worked to save lives and indiscriminately did their best to help everyone on 9/11 . Her child is MORE likely to require the services of police in his life , as does everyone else , than be harmed .

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...suspended-blue-lives-matter-flags/5800972002/
Here is what the article states:

Megan Adkins says her Black son, a third-grader who looks up to the football players, deserves to feel safe in Little Miami Schools and that the flag represents a “rebuttal of the Black Lives Matter movement” and alienates Black students.

According to Ohio School Report Cards, Little Miami's district has 4,712 students. Eight-nine percent of those students (4,206) are white, 1.9 percent of students (92) are Black and 4.3% percent of students (200) are multi-racial.

“Clearly this is a political statement because of people contacting (President) Donald Trump and becoming overly aggravated,” Adkins said. “If you look at the support pages, it is almost all white folks. And I get it. People want to support what they believe in. But not at the cost of my son and his worries of what police could do to him just simply for the color of his skin.”
The son is in 3rd grade! His biggest worry at the moment is how many gummy bears can he have before dinner and what's on the Cartoon Network after school. I highly doubt he's having these deep tormented issues over a couple football players and a flag. It's a dumbass mother trying to get a few minutes of notoriety in a national publication. So she will babble the kind of babble that will assure her a paragraph or two. Mom should be ashamed with exploiting her kid like that. Perhaps if she taught the kid better values he might not end up in the thug world.

·
A marathon not a sprint
4,333 Posts
That moment the flag was presented was an opportunity for all the parents present to explain to their youngsters that it represents a level of respect , for the police and other emergency services for that matter , in that instance that took part in saving lives on 9/11 .

1 - 20 of 47 Posts