Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
1,092 Posts
It's a gimick, your don't see police or miltary with the rediculous contraption. A standard cylider choke barrel will work fine.

Rifleman 336

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
That has to be an NFA item.
Perhaps, but I don't think so. The barrel is the required 18" and the "caliber" is dictated by the chamber, in this case 12ga.

The idea is simply to allow the shot pattern to open faster... The point of the trumpet opening on the Blunderbuss was to speed up the loading process. The point of this is to speed up the unloading process, in a manner of speaking...

An interesting concept, but the guy's not going to get rich with it...

Allan

·
pack light, move quietly.
556 Posts
Photo Shop

Looks like digital manipulation to me. It just doesn't look like the pump and magazine line up quite right. I could be wrong but the angle on the bottom of the barrel would through the works out of line.

Thanks,
Rob

·
pack light, move quietly.
556 Posts
I own a pump, its a Mossberg 500 that I have had since Christ was a corporal. The barrel and magazine are PARALLEL to each other. This is a work of fiction that somebody created. Doesn't anybody else see this? Blunderbuss's didn't spread the shot, they did NOT. It was a speed loader in black powder times, for farmers. That last little bit has already been mentioned, just to credit the first guy who posted it, but true none the less.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
I own a pump, its a Mossberg 500 that I have had since Christ was a corporal. The barrel and magazine are PARALLEL to each other. This is a work of fiction that somebody created. Doesn't anybody else see this? Blunderbuss's didn't spread the shot, they did NOT. It was a speed loader in black powder times, for farmers. That last little bit has already been mentioned, just to credit the first guy who posted it, but true none the less.

Thanks,
Rob
The difference is that the Blunderbuss' barrel was uniform in diameter until very near the muzzle, meaning the shot did not start to spread until near the muzzle as well. The barrel in the OP starts to open near the breech end allowing the shot to start spreading while it's still in the barrel. The guy was trying to get the effect of a sawed off shotgun and still be legal... His solution was to make the barrel cone shaped. Will it work? I doubt the difference is significant. I'd be more inclined to add a rifled screw-in choke, like that used with saboted slugs. The rifling would engage the shot cup/wad and start the pellets spinning, therefore increasing the spread due to centrifical force...

Is it photoshopped? IDK, perhaps. In any event the ability to aim the gun would be problematic at best...

Allan

·
Pray for our troops
440 Posts
don't forget those short barreled shotguns will also disperse the shot before the powder has fully burned.so the effect is a widely spread pattern,but the shot is going much slower...so less penetration.

Not good.

·
Geriatric Gladiator
682 Posts
I believe the Navy Seals used to use a duckbill barrel. It would make an oblong pattern better for getting several oncoming opponents with one shot.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts