Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
MOLON LABE!
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first AK today! I've had a few SKS's, and a Mini-30, but this is my first AK, I like it! Picked my stepdaughter up from school today and just decided to swing into one of the local shops to see if they had anything I couldn't live without, saw the AK on the rack and kept glancing at it. The price was right at $350, and I'd already recieved pre-approval from the wifey to get a $330 SKS on the 15th, but I saw this baby sitting there all lonely and abandoned and just had to bring it home with me.......

So what do you all think? Did I get a good deal at $350? It's a Romanian, pretty basic, looks like it's got some aftermarket replacement furniture on it, but the gun is overall in great shape. I'd been looking at the WASR's at one of the other local shops, and they're going for $600 right now, and this one looks better than the "new" ones condition wise.

I'll be running some rounds through it in the morning at the shop, so I'll post up my thoughts on it after work (Yes, I get to go shooting at work :thumb: ). What's the main differences everyone sees between the AK-47 and the SKS? I've had plenty of SKS's and haven't shot an AK in at least 10 years.......

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
$350 is a good price. I just bought this one last week for $350. I am pleased. Already fired about 400 rounds without a hiccup.

They were $449 wholesale at Classic arms but, they just went up to $479 for the same one. So, if I had ordered it, I would have wound up paying over $500 for sure.

Al

p.s. Sweeper, I can't see yours because the IT crew has anything "photobucket" blocked here at work.

Reactions: joes

·
Eh kay vs eh are dood!
3,304 Posts
Nice score. Give us a range report when you get a chance.

·
Have gun,will travel
4,538 Posts
Wow! $350 is a good buy, especially with the stock set. It looks like an Ironwood stock set on it, which is $100~ by itself...

·
MOLON LABE!
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Allright!

Took it out and ran a couple boxes through it today, not too shabby at 100 yards. I was getting a 6" group with iron sights, so I'm pretty happy with it, especially for my first time out.

I can already tell that feeding this thing is gonna be expensive!

·
Noman
903 Posts
Got my first AK today! I've had a few SKS's, and a Mini-30, but this is my first AK, I like it! Picked my stepdaughter up from school today and just decided to swing into one of the local shops to see if they had anything I couldn't live without, saw the AK on the rack and kept glancing at it. The price was right at $350, and I'd already recieved pre-approval from the wifey to get a $330 SKS on the 15th, but I saw this baby sitting there all lonely and abandoned and just had to bring it home with me.......

So what do you all think? Did I get a good deal at $350? It's a Romanian, pretty basic, looks like it's got some aftermarket replacement furniture on it, but the gun is overall in great shape. I'd been looking at the WASR's at one of the other local shops, and they're going for $600 right now, and this one looks better than the "new" ones condition wise.

I'll be running some rounds through it in the morning at the shop, so I'll post up my thoughts on it after work (Yes, I get to go shooting at work :thumb: ). What's the main differences everyone sees between the AK-47 and the SKS? I've had plenty of SKS's and haven't shot an AK in at least 10 years.......
Nice find...I'd buy another AK if I could find one for that price. Haven't seen anything below 450.00 in my AOR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can already tell that feeding this thing is gonna be expensive!
I have owned and shot 3 Bushmaster m4s/ARs and I have to say that my YUGO m70 AK is the most fun to shoot. Very easy to go through 500 rounds in one trip to the range.

Congrats on the new toy :thumb:

·
MOLON LABE!
5,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:D:

Went out on a family shooting excursion today! Between my family and my daughter's boyfriend and his dad, we had 11 firearms out and shooting! :thumb:

My boy has been doing great with his little J.C. Higgins single-shot .22, so I decided I'd let him shoot the AK, man, you all should have seen that 10 year old kid's face as he popped off a few! The wife is still a bit scared to shoot the AK, I think it intimidates her, and she thinks it will kick too hard, so I think she'll be getting a tacticooled 10/22 soon, she did, however, empty a few mags out of her Sig 230.

Got my daughter's boyfriend to shoot the old Mosin :D: , let him shoot the AK a few times, too. Lots of people out shooting today, saw 5 different groups at various spots on the grade, everything from kids with .22's, guys shooting clays, and a guy and hius son with an AK and an AR clone.

All in all it was a great day, my shoulder's kinda sore, my ammo stocks are lower and we all had a great time!

Love my new AK! :thumb:

·
Son of the Republic...
283 Posts
$350 is one heck of a deal...especially with the aftermarket wood stock on that thing! The original stock sets on the Wasr's are pretty rough looking, but that one looks great!

Congratulations...
:thumb:
Zulu Cowboy

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Were you wearing a mask? because you stole that beautiful SAR1 at 350!
very nice score,beautiful wood,looks mean.
Does it have a threaded barrel?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts