Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost 1K+ of 9mm brass's and was wondering if it is worth trying to sell these or give them to someone who reloads. I know buying 100 new brass's is almost $10+ so I would think they would be worth somethign to someone. Would people who reload want these before I take them to recycle? I figure it is better to use them in native form then recycle.

So, what do you think, should I look for someone who reloads locally?

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
find a friend that reloads,, don't recycle them.

Reactions: tankman1989

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
You should be able to trade them for a box of so of reloaded 9MM.

I don't know - Trade a 1000 for a 100. Does him good, does you good. Some one who reloads would offer a better rate. Just thinking that trade in kind in stead of cash would be a prepper way to do it.

Last week I went to buy 80 pounds of pick you own blueberries (for cash). I took my stock of egg cartons - only 4 at the time. I just gave them to the guy and asked if he had any eggs - i'd buy a dozen of those also.

I don't know if it was the volume purchase or the egg cartons, but I got a 10% discount on all the blueberries.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
find a friend that reloads,, don't recycle them.
That's kind of how I felt. It seems so pointless to scrap them when they have a lot of reloads left in them.

I don't understand how 100 9mm brass's can cost $10-12 /100 and a 100 9mm Winchester WTB for $20. Are the brasses really that much of the cost?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have almost 100 7.5x55mm rifle cartridge brass's. Can they be re-sized or made to shoot other calibers? I've heard that this is possible but I don't know enough about reloading other than the brass's are fairly expensive.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should be able to trade them for a box of so of reloaded 9MM.

I don't know - Trade a 1000 for a 100. Does him good, does you good. Some one who reloads would offer a better rate. Just thinking that trade in kind in stead of cash would be a prepper way to do it.

Last week I went to buy 80 pounds of pick you own blueberries (for cash). I took my stock of egg cartons - only 4 at the time. I just gave them to the guy and asked if he had any eggs - i'd buy a dozen of those also.

I don't know if it was the volume purchase or the egg cartons, but I got a 10% discount on all the blueberries.
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about trading after posting the thread.

Does anyone know about rifle cartridges and are they resized easily?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have almost 100 7.5x55mm rifle cartridge brass's. Can they be re-sized or made to shoot other calibers? I've heard that this is possible but I don't know enough about reloading other than the brass's are fairly expensive.
Look into the bottom of the 7.5x55 brass and see if you can see one hole or two. If you see two holes(I.E. Berdan primer) your brass is not worth reloading and is scrap. If you see one hole(I.E. Boxer Primer) then id advertise them for sale. Not worth much,but they are worth something to someone.

Any brass cartridge case that is Boxer Primer is re-sizable and worth keeping for reloading. If you do not reload they are still worth collecting as possible trading material or just to please a friend or acquaintance that reloads.

I do want to state that Berdan Primed brass is re loadable after modifications to the brass but isnt worth doing except on rare and hard to find brass. 7.5x55 is not that.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Does anyone know about rifle cartridges and are they resized easily?
What do you mean by 'resized'?

Do you mean resizing the cartridge dimensions before reloading? There's a die that does that in the reloading process.

Or do you mean resizing them to a different cartridge? That is much more difficult and requires special skills and equipment. For instance, the .270 Winchester and the .25-06 Remington were both developed from the .30-06 by 'necking down' the .30-06 to .277 for the .270 and to .25 for .25-06.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
if you don't want to reload, their worth nothing to you.

You might be able to sell them $50 shipped on gunbroker. Be worth a few boxes of ammunition. I checked a few places online, thats what they go for. So much of it laying around, it's hard to get a good price.

7.5 swiss...... That stuff is scrap. not reloadable. Even if it is boxer primed, I'm pretty sure those primers are crimped on. You need to buy a cutter.

I have a 8mm mauser, everyone says get that surplus corrosive stuff. For roughly the same price, I can reload my own.

palmetto state armory has privi partizan 7.5x55 for $14 a box of 20.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Shooting someone else's reloads is risky business. Never shooting reloads is no doubt a good rule of thumb if you dont know what your looking foror the reloader. However if you come across a reloader that is competent, anal, and experienced id have no problems shooting reloads from them. I suggest educating yourself on reloading so you can know the game that may be talked about when engaged in the conversation. Even if you dont ever plan to reload, i suggest educating yourself about it. It helps you understand a firearms performance in almost every aspect and can improve your shooting ability in many ways as well.

·
Pull up your Dora panties
7,377 Posts
i shoot other peoples reloads all the time. as long as i know the person and have watched them shoot their own stuff. i dont buy it at the gun shows anymore. i also trade brass for reloads. 1000 empty 38spec will get you a box of 50 38spec loaded, and 1000 357 will get you 100 357 in return. people bring me brass all the time and i try to find people who will reload it if i dont. currently i have a bag of .40 cal, and a bag of 32h&r magnum that are available. anyone want to trade for 357 mag?

·
space samurai
455 Posts
if you know the reloader, and you know they take great care to make safe ammo, then its all fine and good. i wouldnt buy from a gunshow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts