Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
strikes to the left
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it got to be that time. I've had this beast sitting up for the past two or three years. It was just sitting there, looking pretty as a yard ornament. Anyway, after about a hundred or so people stopping by my house to buy it from me (and me not ever setting a real price for it), I figured I would make it work again.

Yesterday, I put in a new battery. The ignition switch didn't crank it up, but I bypassed the solenoid and it fired up without a hitch. After sitting that long, I figured Father Time would have had more to do with it, but he left it alone.

Next weekend, I'm gonna give it a good tuneup, go over the electrical parts, go through the BS paperwork, and put this thing back on the road where it belongs. And I got me a feeling that, once I drive it again, people's gonna have a hard time buying it from me.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have a 95 Eddie Bauer and I occasionally have a bit of difficulty getting it started. I have found that it is usually the shift lever on the column causing the problem if it is not firmly in the "P" position. I just move the lever a bit to the left and it fires right up.

·
strikes to the left
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds nice. The failure to start could be a aftermarket alarm system, if installed.

They make excellent 4 wheelers.
Funny you say that. When I bought it, it had one of those systems on it and it had trouble starting until I disabled it.

I think it's probably gonna be the solenoid. We'll see this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.