Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recommend this book to everyone.. It's available free to read online. So far, surprisingly, it's also still available in most public libraries. And if you have ADHD, the full movie is below, which gives you the basic idea.

This should be required reading for every American. When George wrote it, it was considered fiction.. As I read it, it appears to be more like a blueprint.

Wiki - 1984

1984 Online Book - Full Text - FREE!

1984 Full Movie

·
Registered
305 Posts
Come now brother, have your fill of Victory gin. You don't want to become an unperson now do you?

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
what was this topic about again?

·
Registered
233 Posts
ford , love the name.

the hitchhikers guide to the universe!!!!! humans=mostly harmless!!

do you know where your towel is??

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ford , love the name.

the hitchhikers guide to the universe!!!!! humans=mostly harmless!!

do you know where your towel is??
haha.. Yes, but I AM beginning to panic.. And it's not funny, my ass is on fire..

haha.. See what I did there? Fellow Bungle fan as well.. =)

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
I've been trying for years now to get others that I know to read it. Even my parents aren't taking the time to read it. At least they are starting to prep.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I agree that 1984 should be required reading. I would also add Orwell's Animal Farm and Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged to the list of required reading.

·
Say no to NWO PLEASE!
1,009 Posts
Animal farm and 1984 were required reading in my grade 12 English classes and they both came up in my first two Univeristy english classes. Too bad we didn't really get into them critically, and compare them to what was happening today.

·
Registered
233 Posts
haha.. Yes, but I AM beginning to panic.. And it's not funny, my ass is on fire..

haha.. See what I did there? Fellow Bungle fan as well.. =)
i screwed up , it is the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy........i have the more than complete HGTG.

i also have read 1984, it was like the guy could see into the future...
scary stuff.

·
CabinBuilder/Author
1,996 Posts
"I agree that 1984 should be required reading. I would also add Orwell's Animal Farm and Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged to the list of required reading."

So true. But today the brainwashed teachers/professors make them read
"I have 2 mommies" or "My Daddy has a Friend" and other such ilk.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
My daughter read 1984 last year in school.

She didnt seem to take the book too seriously, kids these days are too hard to impress.

They are growing up with the internet, video games, lots if media in their face 24/7. Jaded and cynical before they are out of high school. Combine that with all the advanced curiculum in most high schools, the classes my daughter takes now would have been college courses when I was in school!

They are worse than our generation, kids today really are frightening because they do indeed think they know it ALL.

·
I travel light
2,030 Posts
I read it when I was 13....or 14??...when the internet started to boom, read it again for checking again some interesting things......and suddenly the picture started to be more clearly seen...it´s not a nation issue. It´s a worldwide...attempt..?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts