Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought the above tractor from my Father in law's estate. It has a magneto so it needs no battery. It has no hydraulics but it has a mechanical ground lift for the dozer blade and cultivator. It can pull a 2 bottom plow and has 540 PTO. Its not as handy as a Bobcat but it beats no tractor at all.
My Father in law built a push blade for it for snow and dirt and he also mounted a cord wood saw on the fromt that runs off the belt pulley. I don't have the blade on it now though. I am thinking of building a three point hitch for it that I would operate with a PTO pump since it has no live hydraulics.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Its hard to beat an old Allis Chalmer.Its was one of the best tractors ever built

·
Premium Member
12,368 Posts
sounds like a good begining on a piece of ranch equipment...i have'nt drove a tractor since i was in my 20's.....have fun useing it to make life easyer,better living through tooling i always say;).........

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This poor old Chalmers is getting a workout. We broke a record for snow fall for the Month of December at 32". Just spent 3 hours pushing snow after the plows went through. I hope we don't have a replay of 97. We had 120" on the level.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No pics, sorry. It is looking pretty sad right now. It needed new tires before and now one of the back ones blew. They want about $275 for rears for it but it needs rims too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts