Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the leather pouch on the outside of the holster hold? Is it made to hold a box shells?

·
Super Moderator and Walking Methane Refinery
68,527 Posts
The ones with the pouch were used for Tokarevs as well as Nagants. They were for holding an extra mag for the Tokarev or extra rounds for the Nagant. Or cleaning gear or whatever else you wanted to use it for.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get one (or two) of those aftermarket .32ACP cylinders for the Nagant revolver? Thanks.
I don't believe that anyone is making them any more so, you have to keep an eye out on Gunbroker or some other online auctions.

Al

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
All three of mine are perfectly sized for a box of spare revolver ammunition. Can't see a Tok magazine fitting. :)
Denis

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
All three of mine are perfectly sized for a box of spare revolver ammunition. Can't see a Tok magazine fitting. :)
Denis
I keep a box of ammo in mine.

Al

Reactions: drobs

·
Registered
8,435 Posts
Somehow I feel like I missed the influx of surplus Nagant revolver ammo. I'd go for some cheap surplus ammo right about now.

Did it ever come into the states and what year was it? I feel like we got the guns minus the surplus ammo.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts

·
Human bean of planet Urf
4,862 Posts
What does the leather pouch on the outside of the holster hold? Is it made to hold a box shells?
It holds extra ammo. Fourteen rounds exactly. Seven and seven divided down the middle by a leather spacer. But if you put the ammo in there, you probably won't be able to fasten the holster flap and you'll have this large deformed bulging holster on your hip if you can. It simply doesn't work like it was intended.

Me, I leave it empty. Got no use of any kind for it. Maybe slice it off and sew it to a rectangle of leather and make a neato pouch for a sharpening stone or something. That's about it.

If you want to use it for your Tok, the muzzle stops about two inches short of the holster bottom. The muzzle just don't fit. The flap won't close, either. The strap is about two inches short of reaching. I reckon you could slice off the bottom of the holster. Nope. The rear sight hits the top edge of the holster and the grip is too wide to fit into the holster itself. Mike, I'm guessing this holster I have, the pebbled leather one, isn't the one you meant.

·
Retired Army
5,536 Posts
I got's to do the math...
$5.49/14 = 0.392 x 50 = Yowser! That's 357 mag prices 6 to 8 months ago.
That's shipping included. Just sayin'.

Al

1 - 14 of 14 Posts