Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
That's incredible. And such a steal at only $150,000 and $700/month in co-op fees. Not. These folks will be the first to die WTSHTF. No food or preps storage. (I guess they won't be joining COSTCO any time soon; no space to store bulk food buys.) Their place will make a great coffin!

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,513 Posts
And they gave their exact location > "The co-op is on the 16th floor of a doorman building on 110th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue. But it's only accessible by a staircase on the 15th floor." Never heard of OpSec? But I bet they have no guns or weapons or food or water storage and waste more money each month than I make in a year.

But a lot of people probably envy them.

For $150,000 I could buy a nice camper trailer much larger than their apartment and could travel and live where I wanted.

·
Premium Member
9,224 Posts
Their "home" is the same size as our master bedroom walk-in closet for goodness sake.

Wow. The same square footage as my bedroom! :xeye:

Just noticed...their maintenance fee is the same as my mortgage. :O

·
Sorry About Your Feelings
20,836 Posts
I would lose my freaking mind.
For 150k I could buy a small but nice home in a rural that I would be perfectly happy in.
Or I could Van-Live for 5 years. :D:

Unbelievable.

Reactions: Pixelguy

·
Ringin Your Gong From 600
7,683 Posts
I bet someone turns them into PETA for inhumane treatment of the cats...locking them in that small enclosed space and all.

·
www.GuerillaTactical.com
1,446 Posts
Believe it or not, my living space is the same size although my bathroom is a bit larger. I have a small fridge, on top of that a microwave, on top of that a toaster oven and a coffee maker make up my kitchen. No sink except the bathroom so anything I dont eat goes to the cat or gets flushed or tossed in the trash. I have a queen sized bed, 2 book cases, a night stand, a desk, a tall narrow dresser and lastly a hutch with my TV. There is a small closet also. I dont need much but a full sized kitchen would be nice to have some times. I dont have batteries in the camera right now but tomorrow Ill post pics of my set-up.

P.S. My cat came with the room and has free passage in and out as she pleases! The rent $500 a month with DSL, water, electric etc..

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
$150,000 for that? Jesus H Christ.(Beats head on computer desk)

What compels a person to do this? Are they somehow being trendy, or they just the typical big city dumbasses?

Ps if you live in the big city and want to see the country, I have a trailer that is roughly the same dimensions. Only 135k!! With Geo Metro tow vehicle 150k!

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Many years ago when I was unemployed, I was lucky to find a motel room about that same size for $25 a week. It was kind of fun living there as one of my best friends was also living there a couple of doors down. We made do as there was nothing else available and we were happy to have that. Ya it was a little cramped, but it was home.

Lately though, I've moved up to a two bedroom manufactured home that I bought new for $21,000 a few years ago. It's 14' x 52' total of 728 square feet. It's almost paid off and the lot rent costs me $290 a month starting Jan 1st. I don't view it as a small house, but as a very nice and large camper. So I'm on permanent vacation. I have a nice lot, a nice deck, and a nice tool shed, so I have all the comforts of home at a very affordable monthly expense. I feel sorry for the people with big houses and large utility payments, tax bills, and mortgage payments.

Man $150,000 plus $700 a month for that small place is very steep. I feel much better about my place now.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Hey if theyve got $150,000 to spend ive got a 1,200 sq. ft. guest house they can have. Free maintenance too. There is something mentally wrong with those people. And something about them gets on my nerves. Maybe its because the woman has a weird name and so do the cats. Or maybe its her Christmas tree pajama comment? Idk but I dont like em!

·
Condense the nonsense
1,829 Posts
Wow, I bet thats loads of fun when they get into an argument, "You go sleep on the couch....err in the bathroom". Only accessible by a staircase on the 15th floor? Have fun if there's ever a fire.:rolleyes:
What compels a person to do this? Are they somehow being trendy, or they just the typical big city dumbasses?
My guess is trendy. That's probably all they could afford in the area. I think the worst part is that they seem so elated in the pictures for getting completely ripped off. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I am completely unproud to say I work about 5-10 miles from them. I count the days until I go back to my rural home.

Some people like life that way. It's nice to have options. But when their options run out, they loose.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
all they need is the bars and giant water bottle on the side of the cage- maybe a hamster wheel. just the way the Libs want everyone

1 - 20 of 57 Posts